About time Voom said something

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Did the amount of new subscribers not drop 89%? Or are you dyslexic? Why would one assume that they're increasing now?

Why would one suspect they are decreasing now with the addition of mainstream HD channels? I'm guessing there hasn't been much change either way.

maybe its a sign of Vooms Future....someone was dictating what they were saying as the channels were getting pulled and they were dying thats why the Paragraph on that page was never finished :(

That paragraph was describing a program that was to debut in the fall of 2007...the Voom channels were pulled in May, 2008. Did someone at Voom have a premonition last year?

Again the details of the agreement is wide open now. VOOM missed their end of agreement by a large margin in DISH's audit.
Perhaps I missed something, but VOOM has openly disputed Dish Network's claim and state they met the spending limit. They further argue that even if they failed to meet the spending limit through an accounting error, there were cure provisions to remedy the breach if, in fact, there was indeed a breach. Likewise, it appears the $100 million spending limit (according to what Cablevision posted in the 2005 1st Quarter report) is proportionate to the number of HD channels being offered in he VOOM HD Network package. Only VOOM and Dish Network are privy to this specifics in the contract. Likewise, the entire VOOM21 was supposed to be carried by Dish Network. Who agreed to a 15 channel lineup and how does this affect the annual spending limit? Good questions...but given EchoStar's recently court performances I wouldn't consider this a slam-dunk for Dish Network.

In any case, Dish Network HD subscribers are getting hosed!

"Additionally, by my records VOOM was supposed to be a 21 channel package. Wasn't it EchoStar who limited it to only 15 channels? If so, were there provisions in the affiliation agreement to address this?"

according to your own link the agreemetn was based on 15 channels not 21.

As for everything else I agree it reamins to be seen.

Did the amount of new subscribers not drop 89%? Or are you dyslexic? Why would one assume that they're increasing now?

The number of new subs went down dramtically but there were still new subs. There is no evidence yet to indicate a net loss of subs.

Perhaps I missed something, but VOOM has openly disputed Dish Network's claim and state they met the spending limit. They further argue that even if they failed to meet the spending limit through an accounting error, there were cure provisions to remedy the breach if, in fact, there was indeed a breach. Likewise, it appears the $100 million spending limit (according to what Cablevision posted in the 2005 1st Quarter report) is proportionate to the number of HD channels being offered in he VOOM HD Network package. Only VOOM and Dish Network are privy to this specifics in the contract. Likewise, the entire VOOM21 was supposed to be carried by Dish Network. Who agreed to a 15 channel lineup and how does this affect the annual spending limit? Good questions...but given EchoStar's recently court performances I wouldn't consider this a slam-dunk for Dish Network.

In any case, Dish Network HD subscribers are getting hosed!

I am not holding my breadth either. I only stated the judge sided with DISH, and that led to DISH's latest bold move.

No sir, the amount of NEW subscribers went down 89%. Watch you insults.

Lets face it D* has been crushing E* in every aspect the last year. Marketing(commercials are great), nationals, locals. Voom made E* different and probably would give them an advantage in the future when they do add more channels. But with D* having the nfl maybe not.

That paragraph was describing a program that was to debut in the fall of 2007...the Voom channels were pulled in May, 2008. Did someone at Voom have a premonition last year?

THe paragraph I was refering to was the paragraph that didnt get finished on Vooms website, it talked about Voom being pulled and if you were not happy with the decision then you should....and that was it.

The number of new subs went down dramtically but there were still new subs. There is no evidence yet to indicate a net loss of subs.

Yes it was clear in the past few months a lot of more cable subs went to DirecTV rather DISH. because of the new DirecTV HDs. VOOM on DISH did not help at all, in fact DirecTV sent out a mailer to all DirecTV dealers rediculed VOOM as part of their advertising pointers.

DISH needs to reach 100 HDs with the $30 HD pack to stop the above trend, and if the only way to do so is to remove VOOM, leaving enough room for the additional HDs to reach that 100-HD goal, then that is what a businessman must do.

Yes it was clear in the past few months a lot of more cable subs went to DirecTV rather DISH. because of the new DirecTV HDs. VOOM on DISH did not help at all, in fact DirecTV sent out a mailer to all DirecTV dealers rediculed VOOM as part of their advertising pointers.

DISH needs to reach 100 HDs with the $30 HD pack to stop the above trend, and if the only way to do so is to remove VOOM, leaving enough room for the additional HDs to reach that 100-HD goal, then that is what a business man must do.

If your at lets say 89 channels and want to get to 100. Isn't it better to add channels rather than remove channels? They just removed 15 channels how is getting to 100 easier?

If your at lets say 89 channels and want to get to 100. Isn't it better to add channels rather than remove channels? They just removed 15 channels how is getting to 100 easier?

Yes WE like Voom channels, but to the average consumer, the person who supports Dish the most...They could care less about Voom, and want to see ESPNS and HBO and MTV in HD rather then Kungfu...People have to remember this was a business decision plain and simple. so yes its hard to grasp why go backwards with removal of 15 channels, but to be honest in the majoritys eyes they will move forward when they uplink more "WIDELY KNOWN NATIONAL HD".

I am not holding my breadth either. I only stated the judge sided with DISH, and that led to DISH's latest bold move.
Hopefully this is the same judge, Judge Wrongway Feldman perhaps?, who told DirecTV (News Corp/NDS) they should settle with EchoStar since there could be more than a billion dollars at stake. In the end, $1500 and "No Soup" for Dish Network.

To be honest, I don't have a clue who is legally right in this matter...but I can tell you that Dish Network yanking the entire VOOM HD lineup is horrible business. Seriously, what's the harm in maintaining the status quo for customers while the matter is addressed by the courts? I get the feeling Dish Network felt they were paying too much for the VOOM channels (they were!), they weren't getting any money coming back to them from their 20% ownership since nobody else was carrying VOOM, and they wanted space for that new lineup of channels that show very little HD and lots of streth-o-vision. Again, even if E* is 100% right, there are better ways to handle the dispute. Heck, they could have at least left 5 or 6 of the more popular VOOM channels up which this matter went forward.

Anyway, I hope everyone calls Dish Network to complain. Even if you don't like VOOM, you just gotta hate they way they do business. Tomorrow it could be one of your favorite channels without warning.

And a short list (not nearly a complete one) of channels Dish CANNOT add has been stated many times in these threads. There is no way in hell they can get to 100 without them manipulating (that'd be a shock) the numbers again by adding a bunch of bogus, empty channels like they did with the PPV and NBA ones.

I really would like to see a list of HD channels Dish cannot obtain due to the legal issues at hand. Subtract those and there are not enough available channels to make up the difference.

And a short list (not nearly a complete one) of channels Dish CANNOT add has been stated many times in these threads. There is no way in hell they can get to 100 without them manipulating (that'd be a shock) the numbers again by adding a bunch of bogus, empty channels like they did with the PPV and NBA ones.

I really would like to see a list of HD channels Dish cannot obtain due to the legal issues at hand. Subtract those and there are not enough available channels to make up the difference.

What is E*s actual hd count. It can't be more than 40 channels now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts