absolute and comedy central

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

madisonmom

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
I sub to DishAbsolute and noticed today that SD Comedy Central is showing, yet it doesn't show up in the free preview. Perhaps this means we'll get CC HD, too?

i have absolute and also noticed this.. i was just afraid if i posted this they would take it away... crosses fingers.. maybe they are hinting the new channels come this week crosses fingers

I already like dish, and if they add the new channels coming in April to the absolute package, I will instantly became a huge fan! Add Speed and I will have all the channels the family wants (except premiums).

cant wait for wednesday to get here....
btw, does anyone know if cobert is shot in HD?

Stewart and Colbert are not in HD yet. Give them another year or so.

Damn, I may be regretting my decision to drop HD absolute. I figured since Fox News didn't go Absolute or Turbo, I might as well go back to Classic 100.

Oh God, I hope this isn't like that one time, when we got sd Fox News for a month, and then no hd channel afterward... Oh wait...
FWIW

It does pass the free preview litmus test, at least I think it's a litmus test. When I would shut down the DVR on Fox News (when that was free preview) or G4 right now, then turn it back on; I'm on the "You've got a dish at 61.5" channel. Every other channel, the receiver would still be set to. Well, turn off Comedy Central or CMT SD, and they are still there when you turn it back on. (as does BET-J for those thinking absolute has it in free preview)

I don't know if it acts the same way for everyone, or if it's just the way my dvr is setup, but hey... still a good omen :D

It could be that the new hd is going on platinum. It makes a good excuse for them to sell more of that cheesy package. Besides someone is going to have to pay for the new hd, it may as well be platinum for $10 extra a month. The truth will come out soon enough..........

I saw this channel too (I am Turbo Gold), but it is just so weird that we are seeing this sd feed. Is this what usually happens? Does the sd feed just suddenly show up before the introduction of the hd feed? Is this a standard practice, or has Dish screwed up again?

I saw this channel too (I am Turbo Gold), but it is just so weird that we are seeing this sd feed. Is this what usually happens? Does the sd feed just suddenly show up before the introduction of the hd feed? Is this a standard practice, or has Dish screwed up again?

I think probably another screwup. Isn't that the more likely scenario? This is E* we're talking about, isn't it? :)

It could be that the new hd is going on platinum. It makes a good excuse for them to sell more of that cheesy package. Besides someone is going to have to pay for the new hd, it may as well be platinum for $10 extra a month. The truth will come out soon enough..........

OK. You subscribe to a classic package and are getting the SD version. The HD version becomes available and now you have to subscribe to a premium package to get the channel. I don't think that is very likely. E* already jacked the package prices in February for nearly everyone. Platinum, heretofore, has been for those HD channels without SD counterparts in regular packages iirc, hasn't it. But who knows, this is E* and anything's possible.

I'm going to be totally optimistic and say the sd channels are a sign that new hd will be added to absolute. Regardless, I'm totally happy with absolute and will not be leaving any time soon. That said, it was so nice to see the rerun last night of Jon Stewart grilling Jim Cramer. I had heard about it and it was awsome to see it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts