Absolute HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Toder

Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone out there knows why Absolute HD doesn't include My RSN (FS SW). I know the channel only broadcast certain sports and events in HD. But doesn't Dish include that channel in their overall HD count?

i assume over all hd account would only apply to current hd packages. absolute is a grandfathered package that never contained regional sports to begin with.

So much of Fox Sports Southwest's programming isn't even HD at all. Just cruddy SD.

I have the Dish HD Absolute package. It will kind of stink not to be able to watch the Oklahoma vs. TCU game (Saturday night at 7:00pm) in my living room. I'll probably just visit my favorite sports bar and watch it there with some friends. Anyone know if the OU vs. TCU game will be HD? Or will it be the in usual FSN glorious SD?

So much of Fox Sports Southwest's programming isn't even HD at all. Just cruddy SD.

I have the Dish HD Absolute package. It will kind of stink not to be able to watch the Oklahoma vs. TCU game (Saturday night at 7:00pm) in my living room. I'll probably just visit my favorite sports bar and watch it there with some friends. Anyone know if the OU vs. TCU game will be HD? Or will it be the in usual FSN glorious SD?
Looks like FSN is carrying the OU/TCU game nationwide. I'd expect it to be on the HD channel, but I'm not at my receiver to look in the EPG.

i dont know where you are bobby h, but the "friendly tavern" off of 129th and 31st st always has any oklahoma game on at anytime. and they got really good drink specials during game time.

Well it looks like i'll have to find somewhere else to go and watch Oklahoma play this weekend. But i'm done with dish. Just ordered services from directv. Hello Tulsa locals in HD.

Dish HD absolute, the HD only package you could order up until August 1, does NOT include RSNs and NEVER has. I dont understand why people get upset with Dish bc its not included. It has never been advertised or promised as part of that package. You should have looked into that when you signed up

Now, if you have one of the TurboHD HD only packages, your RSNs are included if you have the Silver or Gold package.

Hope this helps

i hope when tulsa hd locals hit it is either 118.7 or 129. if it turns out to be 61.5 im out of luck with my LOS. even if it does hit 61.5, not the end of the world for me. my ota works quite well with the exception of abc. i would like my desperate housewives in hd, but i will live.

The pub where I watched the game only had it in SD -and they had the game stretched to fill all the 16:9 monitors there.
:rolleyes:

I'm still happy the Sooners won. Lots of upsets yesterday. Couldn't believe Georgia losing. The polls should have the Sooners ranked #1 unless the folks issuing the votes were smoking crack all this weekend. The Texas versus Oklahoma game coming up should be really good. Same for OU and OSU too.

Most bars around here that have NFL games via Directv only offer the games in SD Even their big screen tv are stretched SD. I guess they do not want to pay the extra few bucks for the HD receivers. How much would that cost?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts