Abyss 4K

Maybe I've been seeing too many bad transfers from the '80s lately but I wonder if 4K is justified.

Stereo audio isn't something to drool over.

Maybe I've been seeing too many bad transfers from the '80s lately but I wonder if 4K is justified.

It's in Atmos. Cameron oversaw the whole process. Abyss, True Lies and Aliens all come out same day, 3/12. Already avaiable digitally. I prefer physical for the bonus material.

Reactions: TRG

Do you ever research anything before you post?

In Atmos, I also have the digital versions and they look amazing, expect the discs to look even better

• Haha
Reactions: "MysteryMan"
Do you really believe that multichannel sound can be accurately derived from a stereo soundtrack? For Cameron, this means additional royalties so he's motivated.
Yes, I have watched Aliens on Movie’s Anywhere ( higher bit rate), in Dolby Atmos, unless my processor was lying to me, or my ears, specially picking out the discrete effects of my side speakers.

It looks incredible as the review has said.

Instead of criticizing something you have not watched yet, rent/buy the digital version if you really want to know, then I would accept you critiquing it, but until you have seen it yourself, your opinion , I would believe, is quite moot.

Are you a fan of this movie? Diehard movie collectors have been clamoring for this release for a very long time. The best physical release before this was a non-anamorphic DVD.

Instead of criticizing something you have not watched yet, rent/buy the digital version if you really want to know, then I would accept you critiquing it, but until you have seen it yourself, your opinion , I would believe, is quite moot.
Have you personally auditioned this product?

Do you trust everything you read that happens support your position?

Have you personally auditioned this product?

Do you trust everything you read that happens support your position?
I just posted I did, I used Aliens as a example because it basically looked and sounded incredible, specially for a movie about 40 years old, it looked like a newer movie.

True Lies and the Abyss looked/sounded great also, but Aliens was the best looking to my eyes.

But you come in here, criticize the video/sound, but have not even watched the upgraded versions yet.

And again, I expect the discs to look/sound even better.

I just posted I did, I used Aliens as a example because it basically looked and sounded incredible, specially for a movie about 40 years old, it looked like a newer movie.
It sounds like you auditioned some other digital version and not this product.

It sounds like you auditioned some other digital version and not this product.
Screenshots from my TV, Special Editions are under bonus features-
IMG_1154.jpeg

IMG_1153.jpeg

IMG_1156.jpeg

So the answer is no?
What are you posting, those are all the new transfers, you can tell by the cover art, all other digital versions (except for the Abyss) were in HDX (1080P), before that, only Aliens was released on Blu-Ray.

What are you posting, those are all the new transfers, you can tell by the cover art, all other digital versions (except for the Abyss) were in HDX (1080P), before that, only Aliens was released on Blu-Ray.
The question was whether or not you had auditioned the Ultra HD Blu-ray which is the topic of this thread. Something purchased from iTunes or Apple TV+ is not the same as the disc as you noted if only absent the extra content.

The question was whether or not you had auditioned the Ultra HD Blu-ray which is the topic of this thread. Something purchased from iTunes or Apple TV+ is not the same as the disc as you noted if only absent the extra content.
I never posted that, read my responses in this thread, I even wrote I watched them on Movie’s Anywhere for the higher bit rates, even wrote if the digital transfers are this great then-
I expect the discs to look/sound even better.

You are the one who posted they could not get a Atmos soundtrack out of stereo, or they would not look that good because you have seen too many bad transfers from 80’s movies, you wrote that, but you have not even watched them yet, digital or disc.

Do you really believe that multichannel sound can be accurately derived from a stereo soundtrack?

I never posted that, read my responses in this thread, I even wrote I watched them on Movie’s Anywhere for the higher bit rates, even wrote if the digital transfers are this great then-
You haven't answered my question yet. Is the pot calling the kettle black?
You are the one who posted they could not get a Atmos soundtrack out of stereo, or they would not look that good because you have seen too many bad transfers from 80’s movies, you wrote that, but you have not even watched them yet, digital or disc.
Perhaps you can explain how object-oriented sound can be derived from a two-channel soundtrack for more than the original two channels?