Access to record all XM Channels

greatone

Original poster
Feb 14, 2006
I'm curious if I will actually be able to record ANY XM channel if I purchase the Timetrax "Complete XM" (with XM direct) Kit. My concern relates to the talk radio channels which seemed to be blocked on XM streaming (Ex. Extreme Talk ch. 152, & Ask ch. 165). Some of the talk shows on these channels would be the main items I would like to listen to on my Ipod at a different time. Are you able to access and record any/all XM channels with this kit?

I've looked through the various threads but have been unable to find the answer to my question. I would appreciate it if someone would point me in the right direction or provide the answer.

Thanks in advance for the help!

greatone said:
I'm curious if I will actually be able to record ANY XM channel if I purchase the Timetrax "Complete XM" (with XM direct) Kit. My concern relates to the talk radio channels which seemed to be blocked on XM streaming (Ex. Extreme Talk ch. 152, & Ask ch. 165). Some of the talk shows on these channels would be the main items I would like to listen to on my Ipod at a different time. Are you able to access and record any/all XM channels with this kit?

I've looked through the various threads but have been unable to find the answer to my question. I would appreciate it if someone would point me in the right direction or provide the answer.

Thanks in advance for the help!

If using the HARDWARE and NOT the internet stream, then the answer should be YES. I am using an XM PCR (discontinued device) that is controled by TT software to record XM channel 202 Opie & Anthony. I do exactly what you stated, I record a show, tag it the way I want it tagged, import it into iTunes and then sync my iPod.

I do this all the time. I also do this for other specials that they play.

I am not sure why there are channels blocked on the online stream and I would like to verify why that is.

You might also want to look at a program called www.autiorecorder.com that will use the same the kit that can be purchased from TT and elsewhere that allows for the same control of recording XM. This other program DOES NOT REQUIRE an internet connection and DOES NOT continue to connect to the internet every 28 minutes to verify registration.

Both applications have timed demo's that could be used for you to determine which application you like best.

Good Luck and welcome.

The talk shows aren't available from XM through the net, but the radio does, and Recast is just the font end for the radio...yes is the answer to your question.

Finding out just WHEN a particular program is broadcast is not straight forward, however.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)