accessing content on a second dvr once connected to ethernet

wpsirois

Original poster
Oct 7, 2010
Maine
I am finally hooking up my two VIP 722's to ethernet and wondered once that is done is it possible to access the content on the opposite dvr I am viewing through the web portal or directly through the dish menu? I imagine it could be done through the internet on a computer or smart tv as a workaround.

I am finally hooking up my two VIP 722's to ethernet and wondered once that is done is it possible to access the content on the opposite dvr I am viewing through the web portal or directly through the dish menu? I imagine it could be done through the internet on a computer or smart tv as a workaround.

There is not a way to access a DVR recording via ethernet that is on a different DVR.

You can hook up a USB external hard drive and copy the program to the hard drive then plug the drive in your other 722 and watch them that way... otherwise be on the lookout for news next week of Hopper and Joey from DISH.

Something about the name Hopper and Joey that just sounds a bit childish to me. But I guess the average person would remember that name rather than 813 Xip or 110 unit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)