Accessing other DVR's from currently viewed DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CEV

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 17, 2005
We have 4 DVR's in the house. While I am watching in the living room, is it at all possible somehow to view things such as the To Do list on the other DVR's? This would be very beneficial.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Only with mrv (multi room viewing) enabled. It costs $3/month.

Yes, I have that. I can view what HAS been recorded, but how can I view the To Do list on the other receivers? Like what is going to be recorded in the future. If I need to double check if a show is going to be recorded, I don't want to have to run to the other room to pull up the menu. Or like if I set a recording to record on the box in the other room through the directv app on my tablet, I want to be sure 2 other shows are not already set to be recorded at the same time. Hope that makes sense.

Gotcha. I don't have mrv so I can't answer your questions, but I'll bet someone will help you out pretty quickly.

What recvrs are you using ?
Are you saying that you can't pull up the To Do list on the other recvrs ?

I too don't use MRV, but was wondering just the same.

I have to shuffle between my two HR24s every time to make sure stuff is recording on at least one of them. I always forget which one is in charge of which shows. It's definitely annoying when I'm settled and just want to double check.

I have to shuffle between my two HR24s every time to make sure stuff is recording on at least one of them. I always forget which one is in charge of which shows. It's definitely annoying when I'm settled and just want to double check.

Exactly what I am talking about. With technology today, I don't see why this hasn't been implemented yet.

You would hope that would be a easy software fix, but with all the newer stuff coming out, it may be awhile before they get to it.
I hate the fact that they will bring new stuff out before making the existing stuff solid.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)