Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tom Bombadil

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 5, 2005
Chicago-Milwaukee Region
I don't know how I did it ... I think the Guide tricked me by putting a PPV at Channel 9980 instead of being in the 100-200 block ... but I recorded a HD PPV.

If I delete it without watching it, will I be charged?

When you play a PPV it asks - Do you want to watch this for $5.99 ? or something very similar and you either select Yes or No with your remote control.

I've never ordered a PPV on D* before, thus my ignorance on this matter.

From reading D*'s site, it appears that I won't be charged unless I view it.

Don't think I'll try the "Play it and hope I'm asked if I want to pay for it" option. That will be my fallback, in case I follow up the accidental recording with an accidental pressing of Play.

Thanks

You can start to watch it, you'll get the pop up box saying to purchase it yes or no. If you press no it stops playing right then, if you don't do anything it will play about 5 minutes and then go black. Then only time you'll pay is if you actually replay yes to the want to purchse popup.

Months ago I put a $1 limit on my receiver. Haven't tested it, but I thought that it would lock any event costing more than that and require me to enter my password to continue. I don't know when this prompt would come up. Apparently not before recording an event.

If it's Angels and Demons, it's a push by Directv. Lots of us got it. Just delete it.

If it's Angels and Demons, it's a push by Directv. Lots of us got it. Just delete it.

So you are telling me that DirectTV is purposely putting "Angels & Demons" on their customers DVR's...hoping that many of those same customers will think it's a "Freebie"??

That sounds deceptive to me!

FYI, it was on my DVR and I deleted it this morning w/o watching it. But if I had, you are saying I would have been charged?

Class-action Lawsuit time anyone?

So you are telling me that DirectTV is purposely putting "Angels & Demons" on their customers DVR's...hoping that many of those same customers will think it's a "Freebie"??

That sounds deceptive to me!

FYI, it was on my DVR and I deleted it this morning w/o watching it. But if I had, you are saying I would have been charged?

Class-action Lawsuit time anyone?

Class-action Lawsuit...... :haha
:rolleyes:

About 2-3 people just got done saying you will be asked - Do you wish to pay for this program ?

Call your lawyer back and cancel the Class-action Lawsuit.

Last edited:
Class-action Lawsuit...... :haha
:rolleyes:

About 2-3 people just got done saying you will be asked - Do you wish to pay for this program ?

Call you lawyer back and cancel the Class-action Lawsuit.

Yah, have to agree. It's their DVR, they could push all kinds of movies on you if they wanted. They would have some unhappy customers, but they could do it.

If you watch it, there are three, "are you sure" steps to go through before you actually get charged.

I think the Angels vs. Demons thing was a mistake anyway....

Yes, I got the Angels and Demon on my DVR the other day. I sent an email to *D saying I never ordered it and got the reply back saying:

"Thanks for writing. I checked and verified that you have not been charged for this movie. The DIRECTV Cinema Angels and Demons has been downloaded to the receivers automatically in error. I do apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you.

This movie should be deleted. You'll just need press the red "delete" button and the movie will be deleted off the playlist. If you choose to watch the movie, that's the only time that you will be charged for this DIRECTV Cinema. "

I always use email for this type of issue so I have a record of the issue just in case they don't follow through and adjust the bill.

I called when I saw the 2 minute segment on my list. They said they had a glitch, just delete it.

I've had this happen a few times now. Not only don't you get charged, but it doesn't seem to take up much disk space either. I agree with everyone here who thinks it's a scam though - or at least a marketing push to try to get you to order PPV. It's certainly a questionable tactic.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)