HR 23 Memory Issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fanucci

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
I've had an HR 23 for less than a year and outside of very sluggish response to commands I haven't had a problem with it. This weekend I noticed a sudden drop in my available memory space. One night I went to bed with about 80% available memory and a few days later I was down to 70%. I recorded some programs before I noticed the drop but I have since deleted them along with some others that were on their prior to dropping below 80%.

Could this be a sign of the DVR failing? Like I said, the DVR has been really slow in response time since I've had it so I never really thought much of it before now.

I had to reset the box again tonight for the same reason. Once again it fixed the problem. I'm a little concerned about the box being in the early stages of failing. In addition to losing about 20% of the memory before the reset the box also froze up for 30 seconds or so. Does anybody know what could possibly be triggering this?

I had to reset the box again tonight for the same reason. Once again it fixed the problem. I'm a little concerned about the box being in the early stages of failing. In addition to losing about 20% of the memory before the reset the box also froze up for 30 seconds or so. Does anybody know what could possibly be triggering this?

Keep an eye on it, see if it freezes anymore since you did the reset, lots of times a simple reset will fix alot of smaller problems.

Keep an eye on it as Jim says but I would also completely unplug the unit & remove the Sat in cable for a few minutes before bringing it all back online. Kind of a pain but the receivers like to be disconnected; like giving Fido a bath.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)