Account Number Change

jimdandyvi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Virgin Islands
I received a letter from Dish today stating that they would be changing my account number.

In the letter it also stated I would be eligible for HD free for Life (Already have ) or Starz Free for 3 months (already have for a year ) of Dish Platinum Free for 3 Months.

When I call in to take advantage of the offer my call is automatically routed to an inactive account rep who tells me my account was disconnected and I owed them money. (I have auto pay and the last payment was made on March 24th. )

After an hour on the phone I finally find out what my new account number is. Of course all my referral credits are missing, PPV Certificates are gone, Auto Pay gone, etc., total account wiped out. With the new account number I try to go in online, but have to re register my account. Also another full month's payment is due and since all my credits our missing it will be the full amount.

The new account profile won't let me totally access my account as it claims I don't have a PIN. I could not set up a PIN because when I tried to register my new account it would not take any PIN or last four of my SS# so I had to use my receiver number. After another 30 minute call all the CSR could say is she would send someone an e-mail about my problem and see what they could do, have no fear she said they would be back to me in 72 hours tops. Heard that promise before when trying to get problems fixed.

To top it off my account shows I am a customer from April of 2011 not when I was originally signed up.

Thanks DISH for taking over an hour of my time because you just had to change my account number for some reason that you can't even explain.

Jim

I would love to take a look at this. Normally an account number would not just randomly change like that.

PM me a phone number on the account and I will have a looksie to see what I can find out for you.

I never heard of this, and I would be very suspicious of the firm claiming to be Dish Network. You may have been "slammed."

We will see what Tony comes up with. I sent him my account details in a PM.

To make me even happier one of my receivers has started acting up since the account change. I am now occasionally lose video and the screen goes black forcing me to power cycle the receiver. This morning it lost audio forcing me to power cycle.

The e-mail I got in response to the fact I could not log into my account online to update information is that my receiver does not have DVR capabilities.

Looks like another hour on the phone unless Tony can save the day.

Jim

This is indeed interesting, and slamming or a problem with the installer (if there was one) came to my mind also. Hope we get an update on this.
I would be very surprised to find an account simply disappears. Misplaced maybe? :D

Yep. Seems some company closed your account and set you up as a new customer. How they got the info to do this.........

I received a letter from Dish today stating that they would be changing my account number.

In the letter it also stated I would be eligible for HD free for Life (Already have ) or Starz Free for 3 months (already have for a year ) of Dish Platinum Free for 3 Months.

When I call in to take advantage of the offer my call is automatically routed to an inactive account rep who tells me my account was disconnected and I owed them money. (I have auto pay and the last payment was made on March 24th. )

After an hour on the phone I finally find out what my new account number is. Of course all my referral credits are missing, PPV Certificates are gone, Auto Pay gone, etc., total account wiped out. With the new account number I try to go in online, but have to re register my account. Also another full month's payment is due and since all my credits our missing it will be the full amount.

The new account profile won't let me totally access my account as it claims I don't have a PIN. I could not set up a PIN because when I tried to register my new account it would not take any PIN or last four of my SS# so I had to use my receiver number. After another 30 minute call all the CSR could say is she would send someone an e-mail about my problem and see what they could do, have no fear she said they would be back to me in 72 hours tops. Heard that promise before when trying to get problems fixed.

To top it off my account shows I am a customer from April of 2011 not when I was originally signed up.

Thanks DISH for taking over an hour of my time because you just had to change my account number for some reason that you can't even explain.

Jim
How'd this turn out?

I have my online access restored. Still looking for my Club Dish referrals, PPV coupons and other credits.

The changes were made by Dish. There is only one authorized Dish retailer on St Croix in the USVI so slamming would not be an issue. My retailer/installer had no explination of why Dish made the change.

Good way for Dish to increase their cash flow. My credit card was charged by Dish on March 24th for the period Mar 17th - April 16th. On Apr 14th I was charged again when I had to reestablish my auto pay. I am now scheduled to be charged on April 25th for service from April 13th - May 12th the full rack rate for my service with no offsetting credits showing.

The only plus so far in this mess is that Dish gave me three months of Showtime free when I set up auto pay again.

I PM Tony again so perhaps he will have a logical explanation of why Dish had to fix something that IMHO wasn't broken and cause me all the aggravation.

Jim

Alright, so I took a look into the actual account number change. It is legitimate. The reasoning behind the change was simply internal operation, and nothing to be concerned with. It was officially DISH Network that contacted you regarding the switch, and it was an administrative 'move' on the account. Hopefully that clears that part up.

As far as the 'transfer' of PPV certificates, you should be able to find the coupons on the online account (I did see one, but recently issued). More details on that would be best through PM from you, to be honest. I did not see any others issued via memos on the account. I am still looking further into the ClubDISH credits. I will have word back by 7 pm.

***EDIT*** Credits seem to be appearing, even though they are not listed as the same thing. Also, as far as payments, I have sent the details of that through PM.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)