i don't understand dtv? rant. long

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mots-a

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 22, 2006
been a long time boys and girls -

i'm a 15 year dtv subscriber i've had the most expensive packages to mid level packages, mlb nfl subscriber.
the only time i asked for free was when i wanted to renew my 2 year contract. back in the day when hd was just rolling out i asked a got a hd box then as time went forward a dvr hd box and 3 years ago they gave me a new dish slimline and genie with 2 clients- not really gave me i was still paying box top fees and hd fees and dvr fees. when i called every once in awhile i would get helpful credits for x amount of months. i allways installed my own equipment up until they told me they had to install the slimline and geni for free.

my payment at the most has been maybe 2 weeks late rare.

for the last 2 years i have been out of contract with D and they have treated me fair.

for my inernet i have verizon fios. with a bundle package with dtv over the years my dtv bundle started costing more and more even with credits so last year i crunched the numbers 275 a month between the 2. at the time verizon offered me a what i think was a good deal 2 year contract 2 dvrs more hd channels that included verizon's version of red zone and 150 gift card trip play for 250 after tax, i declined because i like dtv but i did call dtv when i got the offer and discussed the offer with retention and they gave me some more credits and sunday ticket . i asked them if i could just get red zone and dtv told me i would have to pay full price for ST to get red zone? i also explained that verizon has more hd channels that i would like and dtv told me i would have to raise my package to get the extra channels at that time would have raised my bundle with dtv to over 300 they did offer me 3 month credit for total of 75. so i stuck it out with dtv.

this year verizon offered me a ultimate hd tv triple play bundle offer for 225 after taxes for a 2 year contract with 2 dvrs and 1 client. and this offer got me thinking so i called Dtv and got no where even when i offered to sign a 2 year contract with them the closest i could get dtv price wise combined with my internet was 275 and still wasn't matching the hd channels verizon offered. that was in february,

so over the summer i got to thinking about it and my big problem i loved dtv and i don't like much change. still with no contract i called dtv in july explained to them that i'm a long hauler and that i didn't want to change but i can get more bang for my buck with verizon and i got some credits so i asked how about matching verizon's channel line up and D said they couldn't. but i could upgrade to a new package and i could get a few months credits but after the credits run out i could be looking a higher bill but only with a 2 year commitment, ?wth.

end of september i called to cancel my dtv the call taker asked why and if i wanted to speak to retention i told them no that in my mind we are just going in circles. the call taker read my rights told me about my return package for equipment and asked if i had any questions and hung up on me.

in octerber i signed with verizon for 235 after tax ultimate hd 75mb net and phone , i get more hd channels the picture is good (not dtv picture) the sound is great, the guide takes sonme getting use to. and red zone that is just like dtv but with a different announcer. i get no rain interruptions and won't have to clear a dish off every time it snows and a bunch less cable wires and wall outlets being used.

now dtv is trying to get me back and offering me a good amount but want a 2 year commitment but they want me at a higher tv package that they won't guarantee the price won't go up in the second year but i could always call asking for credits? i know it's just my word but if dtv would just give me the channels i want and a insurance to replace my dish and or lnb every 2 years that doesn't cost me a lot of $ i would stay with them for a life time.

and now when i call to find out where the package is to return the equipment i get nowhere , i'm at the point now that i want to charge dtv 5 $ day to babysit this equipment while i wait on their phantom return package.

hell i even paid my last bill for service i didn't receive.

rant over.

dtv treated me good in the past. i'm starting to get a bad feeling with this equipment return package waiting.

as for dtv vs verizon

price + package
verizon

guide and picture
dtv

customer service.
if your a new customer they all love ya
if your like me and will stay and pay and only call for a credit or 2 well i'm sure neither company wants guaranteed $$

I HATE HATE HATE the Verizon guide, it drives me insane!!! My Dad has Verizon and when I go to visit him I miss my Directv so much. I can't comment to much on the rest of your post except to say that I have had a very good if not great experience with Directv over the past 4 or so years.

I've had DirecTV send me a return box and it did take an extremely long time(seemed like a month maybe more) for it to arrive, to the point that I called twice to be sure that I wasn't going to be charged for the STB/DVR.

Reactions: pattykay
I HATE HATE HATE the Verizon guide, it drives me insane!!! My Dad has Verizon and when I go to visit him I miss my Directv so much. I can't comment to much on the rest of your post except to say that I have had a very good if not great experience with Directv over the past 4 or so years.

yup guide takes some getting used to. had to change background color to black, but i can eliminate banner adds - another feature i found with verizon i can go through the guide and set shows i want to watch , so when a show comes on it automatically switches to that channel. something dtv got rid of years ago, so that's another + for v.

I've had DirecTV send me a return box and it did take an extremely long time(seemed like a month maybe more) for it to arrive, to the point that I called twice to be sure that I wasn't going to be charged for the STB/DVR.
thanks. i've called 2 times because i'm at the point where i'm loosing trust. but i will wait it out.

You called twice about the return box being shipped ?
yes. and i get sent direct to retention first time they hung up with very long hold time. second time after a long sales pitch from d i was told sternly it will arrive.

yes. and i get sent direct to retention first time they hung up with very long hold time. second time after a long sales pitch from d i was told sternly it will arrive.
I guess then I would wait and not worry about it.
As long a they have an accurate address it should be there.

I guess then I would wait and not worry about it.
As long a they have an accurate address it should be there.
thanks. it's the same address they have been using for 15 years.

At one time DISH was similar, existing customers didn't usually get what a new customer would. The general feeling being you got a good deal when you first signed up like a now new customer. You could get some short term discounts. Now however DISH gives close to the same deal for existing customers, keeping the same package I now save $20 a month guaranteed for two years by signing a new contract as a new customer would. DISH however is losing subscribers so must have decided they have to do something to keep them Directv has been doing overall quite good and my not feel the need to.

mots-a. Directv is not the same anymore. It's now ATT and there is your difference.
Waiting for jumbo to respond

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)