Ack! Shows Missing In Manage Recordings

Oldmuttonhead

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2018
Pendleton, IN
Dish is coming this afternoon to upgrade my Hopper. I was going to export my recordings from my oriorigi Hopper to an external drive, but when I go to "Manage Recordings" only 4 recordings are there out of about 30 that are on the DVR! I'm in panic mode! Is there something I could be doing wrong?

Dish is coming this afternoon to upgrade my Hopper. I was going to export my recordings from my oriorigi Hopper to an external drive, but when I go to "Manage Recordings" only 4 recordings are there out of about 30 that are on the DVR! I'm in panic mode! Is there something I could be doing wrong?
Are any of them recent prime time anytime recordings? If so, they will not be available to mange 8 days (default setting) after first recorded.

Reactions: pattykay

You can use the ethernet transfer feature to move all your shows from the old Hopper to the new one, provided they are both on the new UI. That way all your shows will be moved including the prime time recordings that are missing from your Manage Recordings list.

You can use the ethernet transfer feature to move all your shows from the old Hopper to the new one, provided they are both on the new UI. That way all your shows will be moved including the prime time recordings that are missing from your Manage Recordings list.

But will the tech wait for me to do that? It's my understanding that he is going to take my old equipment when he leaves.

But will the tech wait for me to do that? It's my understanding that he is going to take my old equipment when he leaves.

It takes quite a while so no, he will not wait. Just tell him you want to keep the old receiver for transfer and to have DISH send you a box for it.

Reactions: charlesrshell
And remember, some features may take a day or so to cook in, so don't get alarmed if something isn't working as it should right away.

Thanks for the tip! He's here now and I just heard him call in to have a box sent to me so I can keep the old one until I have it transferred. Thanks for all of your help!

Follow up for everyone.. The tech was super nice and everything installed quickly. He was only here for maybe 30 mins. He transferred all my timers and give me a quick "how to" on how to transfer the recordings. As soon as he left, I hooked everything up and started the transfer. I was really busy the last couple of days so I just left it and just checked on it late last night and everything from my old Hopper was there. Easy peasy!! Thanks everyone for your help! Now I'm just waiting on the box to ship the old Hopper back.

Follow up for everyone.. The tech was super nice and everything installed quickly. He was only here for maybe 30 mins. He transferred all my timers and give me a quick "how to" on how to transfer the recordings. As soon as he left, I hooked everything up and started the transfer. I was really busy the last couple of days so I just left it and just checked on it late last night and everything from my old Hopper was there. Easy peasy!! Thanks everyone for your help! Now I'm just waiting on the box to ship the old Hopper back.
Very nice!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts