Acqiruing Signal when changing OTA channels on OTA

I am reporting back. I haven't had an "aquiring signal" since I changed the guide display to "full guide, no video".

I can't explain it, but switching between hasn't had any "acquiring signal" problems since. If things change, I will report more.

Glad to see your having good luck, I went back to Partial guide with Video with the new 282 update, after letting the 811 sit on an OTA channel for a couple of hours, the second time I did this got the old BSOD, so I gone back to Full guide, no problems, It's nice when this 811 works like it's suppose too,
this device should not be such a hassle!

Same Problem

mdonnelly said:
Not so fast there, Sparky! I was watching football on the Fox OTA channel in HD for about 2 hours, hit the Guide key, and got another Acquiring Signal. I had the 811 off all night. :mad:

I get the same problem frequently. I'm really am starting to consider switching to DirecTV. Leaving the 811 off (operating lights off but plugged in) does not help. I got shafted when I initially bought the DishPlayer 7100 with all its problems (and never even got a free PPV certificate) and now the 811 problems are pushing me toward another provider. Guess I need to start reading the DirecTV forum to see what kinda deals are offered. (Subscribed to AEP since 1999 or its equivalent).

Well, I take it back.

My 811 has started back again getting the "acquiring signal", and the guide is still at "full guide, no video.

So, taking the video out of the guide did not help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts