Activate 622?

I've been reading that they can't activate it if there is a pending install (they would have to cancel the install to activate it). I'll probably receive my receiver well in advance of the install date (March 28) and will hook it up myself. If they think I'm going to wait, then I have a bridge to sell them. :D

K4LK said:
I've been reading that they can't activate it if there is a pending install (they would have to cancel the install to activate it). I'll probably receive my receiver well in advance of the install date (March 28) and will hook it up myself. If they think I'm going to wait, then I have a bridge to sell them. :D

No such luck for me. I tried several times, and even had a lady go through many steps trying to activate it. I could cancel my install date (2/21) and change it to 3/28, but that is a little silly.

I thought I had everything I needed with my current setup, but it turns out I will require the Dish 1000 now that Atlanta HD LiL will be on 129 instead of 61.5. I don't want to jeopardize that install on 2/21 by having it cancelled and then seeing if it was still available after activation.

I ordered the 622 on 2/01 and received it was delivered to my home on 2/20. The install date is 2/28 and I was considering calling a CSR and ask if I could do a self install prior to that. It is replacing my 921 in the living room and the 921 will be replacing the 501 and 811 in the bedroom. The install will be easy. No extra equipment necessary. But I have been reading the threads and decided I would rather wait. Too much of a hassle. If I had purchased it, I would install it. But its their equipment and I can wait anther week. I get local channels, ABC, NBC and Fox in HD through Cablevision any how so its no big deal.

I ordered my 622 opn 2/1 received it on 2/15. My installation was scheduled for 2/22/ The first night I called them they would not activate it. I called again the next night, and received the same story. I asked the CSR to speak to her supervisor, and he OK'd the activation. I told them it was stupid for me to have to take a day off from work to wait for an installer to hook up a receiver which was already installed. I live on Long Island, NY so I did not need the Dish 1000 and already had a dish pointing to 61.5. At first he did not want to activate stating how difficult it was to connect these receivers and that professional installation was required. I told him to activate the receiver or cancel my entire account. The receiver was activated and is working just fine.

With the CSR's I spoke to, activating the 622 is possible no matter what. For me, I could risk losing my 2/21 (today!) install date for a 3/28 install date. I need the Dish 1000 and the Dish Pro Plus LNB's (I have the old Legacy equipment). If you don't require or already have that equipment, you shouldn't have many problems convincing the CSR to activate your 622. Who cares if you lose your install date...you don't need one!

My install is suppose to happen this afternoon, in the wet, gloomy cold rain. The installer has to get on my roof to change out the LNB's on my 61.5 dish. I hope he won't have a problem with any of it...

I got it activated, no problem. Well I had to first convince the csr that yes, I do have 2 coax lines coming into the same room from the dish(s) used for my previous 2 receivers..

The Big Wood is exactly right and in the same predicament I'm in. You can activate it, but that cancels the work order. If you need the 1000 Dish, which I do, then you can not activate the HD channels until the work order is complete. It is actually NOT possible. MY CSR tried very hard and could not physically risk it without losing the date. So no HD for a couple of days. Boooo

K4LK said:
Ordered it on 2/13. I then ordered a 3 GHz grounding block and a DP34 switch from the Dishstore so the antenna system will be ready for whenever the box shows up.
:)
Same day I did. I already have the D1000/61.5 dish, an DPP44. So, all I need is the box.

Do let us know when you get the box and / or a tracking number.

LER

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts