activate an ebay'd 811 w/o HD pack?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yes, they will activate it without HD package. They no longer consider it an HD box, as it does not support Mpg4.

Alright...here's a "what if". What if you are already subscribed for HD, using a 211 or 622 receiver; can you add on an 811 that was purchased and still get most of the HD programming (sans MPEG 4 stuff, obviously)?????

Alright...here's a "what if". What if you are already subscribed for HD, using a 211 or 622 receiver; can you add on an 811 that was purchased and still get most of the HD programming (sans MPEG 4 stuff, obviously)?????

I think you can. I know if you had the MPEG2 pack already and upgrade to a metal pack, you still get the old HD on the 811

Otherwise, its just a SD reciever with a HD OTA tuner (and no HD "fee") :D

I think you can. I know if you had the MPEG2 pack already and upgrade to a metal pack, you still get the old HD on the 811

Otherwise, its just a SD reciever with a HD OTA tuner (and no HD "fee") :D

I tried to activate a 942 for a costumer and they didnt allowed me to do so

In the few months after the introduction of the 211 & 622, there were several reports of people adding 811 & 942 receivers to their accounts and getting the MPEG2 HD channels on the old receivers. However I haven't seen any recent reports of this.

There is a good chance you will still get them, but it isn't a guarantee. I'm sure Dish could authorize them to receive only the SD channels.

I don't know why Dish would refuse to activate them. That doesn't make any sense.

On February when the Vips series came to the market they were very clear that after the 2nd of that month only Vips series will be the only irds able to activate in order to get HD,Since then they are been stick it to that statement.

if i bought a 811 of ebay that doesn't have an outstanding balance will Dish activate it without requiring the HD package?
thanks.

the reason I want to know is because I currently have a Leased 811 but want to dump the old HD pack & Voom. But if I dump the HD pack Dish wants the 811 back as that's a requirement of being able to lease a 811.

Hence I'd like to buy a 811 since i get a better picture on the non-HD channels on my RPTV thru the DVI/component connection vrs. S-video from a standard receiver.

I tried to dump the HD pack awhile back but they wanted the dang rec'vr back. Any chance they would have changed their minds in the last 6 months (regarding leasing a 811 w/o HD pack) ??

I have a leased 811 and dumped the HD pack and they did not say anything about returning the 811, only saying that I could not add the HD pack back again. I doubt that the rules changed...only the CSRs interpetation.

They could not (technically) deactivate the OTA HD, nor the HD channels from showing up on my guide, but of course they now show up as red...e.g. "all channels" and not subscribed. Also pick up the demo channel and when they had the free NFL HD, it also came in.

I also had a 6000 for several years and deactivated it several months ago. It is just sitting around...perhaps I will sell it on e-bay one of these days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)