Activated Voom Receiver

drbill28

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 17, 2005
I'm looking at just getting whatever receiver I can cheap to use for OTA. (I'll only get two statons, but want it in time for super bowl). I'm looking at one on eBay but the person can't tell if it's activated.

They told me...
"As far as I can tell this unit is NEW, never been activated. I can navigate through the menus. In the installation menu, and the reportback submenu, the trip count is ZERO".

How can I tell them to see if the receiver was activated for sure?

If the seller cannot guarantee that the box is operational, it's probably better to stay away from it. Why risk the super bowl?! ;)

If they can get through the menus it may be activated. When I turned on a box that wasn't activated, the first thing that popped up was a message that it wasn't activated and I couldn't get past that. If they can't guarantee it I would avoid it though.

It takes all of two seconds of effort for a seller to connect an antenna and scan in some locals. I did this beore I sold off one of mine. If they can't do this it's most likely because the receiver will not work for OTA.

I kind of regret having sold one of mine. The other two are in action right now!

Shawn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)