Activating receivers that previously had a balance

Pepper said:
Has anyone had any luck getting a receiver activated that previously had a balance or belonged to a delinquent account?
How long does it take for E* to either write-off the bad debt, or collect the "termination fee as liquidated damages" from the customer's credit card, and once the account doesn't exist anymore are its receivers free to activate?
Will it always be a doorstop or if you throw it in the back of the closet for a few months might it be usable when you find it again? What if it was a "lease" account?
There's a reason I'm asking this but I want to see if any others have similar experience before I say anything further.
Account on the receiver must paid in full before redeployemnt can take place..no exceptions

not this thanksgiving but last thanksgiving one of my 3 7200 i had at the time had a balance of 250+ unknown to me, i called executive office and was told happy thanksgiving debt eaten by dish.
Few and far between dish does good but usually I'm treated badly.

For a small $10 fee per receiver for me to process the paperwork I can submit an amnesty request form to Dish and have the ballance cleared off so the receiver can be activated again.

As long as its not a lease receiver you should be good to go :)

What I still to this day do not get is why anyone would BUY DN equipment. When I got Dish they gave me my 522 and 322. Now granted I do not own them and have to give them back if I cancel my service but so what, they are only good for DN service anyway and you do not pay any less for monthly service if you own your equipment.

AlaJoe said:
What I still to this day do not get is why anyone would BUY DN equipment. When I got Dish they gave me my 522 and 322. Now granted I do not own them and have to give them back if I cancel my service but so what, they are only good for DN service anyway and you do not pay any less for monthly service if you own your equipment.
Yup - nowadays that's the ONLY way to go for your first 4 tuners.

Of course, if you need more than that, you have no choice - you gotta buy.

Last edited:
I just prefer to own, it lets you do weird things like activating 2nd dvr only during month of december when the wife wants to record all the christmas movies. If you lease you can't do that.

Pepper said:
I just prefer to own, it lets you do weird things like activating 2nd dvr only during month of december when the wife wants to record all the christmas movies. If you lease you can't do that.

I'm like you pepper I prefer to own;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)