Activating replacement 311 receiver

laman400

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
After troubleshooting my 311 receiver that powers itself off and on by itself after doing a check switch test with Dish tech services via phone last night, Dish shipped me a replacement 311 receiver today. I got their confirmation email that has a puzzling statement in it a few minutes ago. It reads as follows:

"When you receive your equipment, please install it using the instructions included in the package. When you are ready to activate your receiver, you may do so online by accessing your DISH Network account and following the instructions beginning at step 13."

I wasn't aware that you could activate a receiver online by yourself, but assumming that you can, where can I find "step 13" when I look at my account info online. I have looked and can't find any place online in my account info where it describes how to activate a new or replacement receiver. Does anyone know where this step 13 info is, and secondly, is it even possible to activate a receiver without calling Dish to do it on their end after it is hooked up?

No problem :).
I noticed that a while ago. I think you can only activate receivers that Dish has sent you as a replacement. You can't activate (online) a receiver that you buy from say a retailer or off ebay.

I just activated a replacement 622 yesterday, online. Step #13 is after receiver does switch check and software downloads, you will get a pop-up telling you to call to activate.