Status
Not open for further replies.

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
LOS ANGELES -- Charles Nelson Reilly, the Tony Award winner who later became known for his ribald appearances on the "Tonight Show" and various game shows, has died. He was 76.

Reilly died Friday in Los Angeles of complications from pneumonia, his partner, Patrick Hughes, told the New York Times.

Reilly began his career in New York City, taking acting classes at a studio with Steve McQueen, Geraldine Page and Hal Holbrook. In 1962, he appeared on Broadway as Bud Frump in the original Broadway production of "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying." The role won Reilly a Tony Award.

He was nominated for a Tony again for playing Cornelius in "Hello, Dolly!" In 1997 he received another nomination for directing Julie Harris and Charles Durning in a revival of "The Gin Game."

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=263605&GT1=7703

He did alot of voice over work for cartoons in the 70's and early 80's. Most of it was cowardly type characters that he did and I think he finished his last bit of VO work with the "Pup named Scooby-Doo" series in the mid or late 80's. I liked him for his little voice quirks wich is what landed him the VO jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.