Actuator cable supplier

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wrdavis

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 27, 2009
calif
Just curious, I don't see either Sadoun or AV Satellite Sales selling a cable for the actuators. Do most people just use a speaker cord for the sensors and a lamp cord for the motor? Or is there some secret supplier of a 2c-18 & 2c-14 jacketed cable. My planned six foot would be near my bedroom and I would prefer a jacketed cable to lay across the roof to the antenna. Need around 50'.

Thanks Stogie

Only $14.94 at Lowes for the 50' that I'm looking for. 18AWG, color coded, and suitable for underground burial, and no shipping. Sounds like even a better deal. Hadn't thought of sprinkler wire. And has a couple extra wires. I can even toss in some other function like a blinking LED or something.

I guess I'm missing something.
The link supplied to Lowes comes up with 7 strands by 100' for $34.57.
I can find no reference to gauge.
How is that cheaper than $0.31 per foot times 100' ?
Does your state charge sales tax?

I guess I'm missing something.
The link supplied to Lowes comes up with 7 strands by 100' for $34.57.
I can find no reference to gauge.
How is that cheaper than $0.31 per foot times 100' ?
Does your state charge sales tax?

I meant cheaper than satellite ribbon cable.....I didn't look at the other link....that's on me....but I like the sprinkler cable, and if the OP is like most folks, he'd rather spend a couple bucks more and have it TODAY when he needs it, than to order it and wait. Obviously, if time isn't an issue, it doesn't apply. :D

Plus if you order it, gonna cost ya 10 bucks for shipping....

But we got him sorted, and that's the important thing. :up

The price I saw was 81 cents per foot p/n 306 (2-14, 2-18). P/N 301 (2-18, 6-22) is 39 cents per foot in the low 50' amount I'd need.

The 100' Lowes listing didn't mention the wire gauge. But the one for the 50' did. Its all 18 AWG, so maybe should double up on the motor wires. The 100' Lowes listing shows $29.42.

Here's their listing for 50'

Rain Bird at Lowe's: 50' 7 Strand Sprinkler Wire

Calif sure charges sales tax. Does Wireman charge shipping?

Rain Bird is a common item in most hardware stores and therefore pretty easy to find & buy.

The price I saw was 81 cents per foot p/n 306 (2-14, 2-18). P/N 301 (2-18, 6-22) is 39 cents per foot in the low 50' amount I'd need.

The 100' Lowes listing didn't mention the wire gauge. But the one for the 50' did. Its all 18 AWG, so maybe should double up on the motor wires. The 100' Lowes listing shows $29.42.

Here's their listing for 50'

Rain Bird at Lowe's: 50' 7 Strand Sprinkler Wire

Calif sure charges sales tax. Does Wireman charge shipping?

Rain Bird is a common item in most hardware stores and therefore pretty easy to find & buy.

All sprinkler wire like that is 18ga. And you can double up if you want, but like I said, I am running just one strand on my dishes and they work just fine. Now, both mine are under 100', one is under 50', I wouldn't run the 18ga 3 miles out in the woods, but for 50' like the OP is running, one strand will be fine,IMO. :)

Skyvision in MN has the real ribbon cable but using generic cable for just the rotor would be much cheaper...
C.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts