Actuator for c-band 10 foot pulses / per inch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mrel

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 22, 2004
Hello
I been looking at actuator to move10 foot dish.
i notice some company say 32 pulse /per inch another company say 48 pulse / per inch.
Someone said the more pulse per inch is a better actuator, that been said.
Now question is when a person buy a actuator how does person find out if that actuator putting OUT how many pulse per inch?
mrel

Keep in mind that the counts between Sat (at 2 degrees) varies by location and position in Arc.

Using a GBox for a mover, I get on average, about 36 counts between Sats.
Plenty for Ku.

I would mark the actuator, move it 48 counts and measure how far it moved?

What you say if i use v-box or g-box for each bump of the motor on the box is consider as one pulse and i need mark off one inch and counter number of the bump of the motor before reach one inch is amount of pulse per inch is that about right?
mrel

VBox yes, GBox no, The GBox uses a virtual count doubler. In Theory this improves accuracy. In most cases it does. I would not bump it 48 times rather just move it 48 counts on the display, then measure the movement.

VBox yes, GBox no, The GBox uses a virtual count doubler. In Theory this improves accuracy. In most cases it does. I would not bump it 48 times rather just move it 48 counts on the display, then measure the movement.

Right now i am using a General Instrument Model: Innovation 650i rreceiver to move the dish.
In reading your reply to my questions look like you have some information on V- Box and g- Box?
So I like would to ask you which is better V-Box or G-Box .
Original i had Blackjack Actuator,when that actuator broke i buy PowerMax Actuator That was a piece of Junk the tubing not as thick as the blackjack.
I was moving a Winegard 10 foot dish and the PowerMax24inch actator the tubing start bending,had throw that away.
I was looking at different website for Actuator ,I would like to find one that not to expensive.
Beside low cost ,like to find one that had high pulse/inch per counter for better accuracy.
Anyone who read this tread any idea where to find good actuator (what brand) or website (don't know if can post websie on this forum?)

mrel

Well I'm kind of in that same boat. I have a 10' mesh I put up and I'm using one of those cheap PMA24 actuators. I've been looking for a better unit also. I'm considering one of these three, Venture, VonWeiss, and Thompson Saginaw. All are way more money, and after using a PowerMax, there is little doubt why. You get what you pay for, and the PMA24 isn't much. I've been hoping someone else will chime in on the actuator recommendations and where to get a good price. I want a least a 36" or 48" jack. I can lengthen the lever on the dish to take advantage of the extra travel and turn it into more accuracy.

The GBox is a better unit and costs twice as much too. But a good investment IMHO.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)