Actuator Limit

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wilis

Original poster
Mar 2, 2005
Just finished installing a 12 ft unimesh. Installed a Superjack actuator. The problem is the when I try to program the east limit the dish only moves up midway through the arc before telling me that the limit has been reached. I tried moving the dish manually and I get an error message when I try to go farther than 121 degrees. I want to take it to about 85 degrees
I am guessing that the actuator has some kind of physical limit switch that doesn't let me go pass by it.
Anyone know how I could adjust this limit switch so it could let me extend the arm longer?
I am using a Star Trak receiver to move it. I also tried with a DSR 920.
Thanks

If it's not physically binding up (maybe due to rust/etc), then there may be a physical switch inside the cover of the actuator that prevents the movement. Where the wires go into the actuator, the cover should pop off (maybe 2-3 screws need to be removed). Look in there, and there's a good chance that there is a physical microswitch that gets triggered by a little bar that slides along as the motor turns. If that little bar hits the button on the microswitch, it cuts movement in that direction. There will be a screw that will allow you to loosen the hold on that little bar and slide it back so that it won't hit the microswitch until the arm is moved further.

Just finished installing a 12 ft unimesh. Installed a Superjack actuator. The problem is the when I try to program the east limit the dish only moves up midway through the arc before telling me that the limit has been reached. I tried moving the dish manually and I get an error message when I try to go farther than 121 degrees. I want to take it to about 85 degrees
I am guessing that the actuator has some kind of physical limit switch that doesn't let me go pass by it.
Anyone know how I could adjust this limit switch so it could let me extend the arm longer?
I am using a Star Trak receiver to move it. I also tried with a DSR 920.
Thanks

First , make sure all the wires , connections are tight & secure .

Be careful if you adjust the factory limit switches , if you go too far , you may strip something .

Do not go so far with the dish , that it " flops over " .

Tripple check the software limits in the receiver menues .

Wyr

Tripple check the software limits in the receiver menues .

since it was done (and has the same results) with two receivers , chances are its not the way its set in the menu but this would be what i would check first.

First , make sure all the wires , connections are tight & secure .

Also a very good tip. moisture is also bad , i do like the dielectric grease idea someone mentioned here on the board ... i will also be adding weatherboots soon.

i've had mine flop over before , luckly no damage but i can see where it could happen.

i rigged up a second set of wires ( ribbon cable ) thats about 20 ft long so i can have my receiver out at the dish to watch it...

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips!
Have to wait until the weekend to give them a try.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts