Actuator repair, or new one?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

CO2

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2006
I have a 6 foot mesh dish on a 18" VonWise actuator, I noticed lately that my signal quality would drop,and I could not figure out why, checked the dish and I noticed that when I pulled or pushed on the dish there is about a 1/4"to 1/2" play either way, what I would like to know if this is repairable/adjustable or do I need a new actuator.

Thanks everyone.

It is the actuator arm tha moves when I push/ pull, it doesn't matter if it's pointing east or west, it feels like the screw is somehow loose, and i'm not sure if it can be tightened.

Thanks for the reply.

is it an older arm , either somthing is loose on the arm ( in the arm) or the bushing that rides on the worm screw is worn out.

you can probably take the arm loose from the motor and check the bushing pretty easily .... someone here has made a replacement bushing for their actuator. you could try this method as it is probably cheaper $2 or $3 as compared to a new actuator $50 or $80 ( for the cheapest)

if you need a walk thru on how to take it apart i will place a link on how i took my von weise apart it should be real similar.

Hi Gabshere, first of all thanks for the reply and if you could place the link on how to take this apart I would appreciate it, I definetly going to try.

thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)