Acutrac II plus step by step instructions for dish

ceeyahd1

Original poster
Feb 28, 2012
CA
I just purchased an acutrac III plus to help align sat. while camping instead of spending a half hour turning the dish left and right an up and down. Are there any step by step instructions for 1000.2 dish?

Thanks

My experience is with a Acutrac 22 Pro. I set the mast vertical, this is a critical step. A good tripod with adjustable legs is needed for this.

Then I set the Skew on the dish and mount it to the tripod. I also have an Align-A-Site system, where I set the Elevation and the Azimuth. I generally add about 0-19 degrees to compensate for magnetic deviation de[ending on where in the country I am.

I only hook-the primary coax cable from the 1000.2 to the Acutrac. I set the 22KHz tone on to insure the LNBF selected is the 119 one. I swing the Azimuth for best signal, then the Elevation. I never tweak the Skew. I go run the Switch Check to make sure I am on the correct satellite. If I am off (110 or 129), I change the Align-A-site 9 or 10 degrees and aim again.

I guess with the Acutrac III, you can display all three satellites which is a visual confirmation of being on the correct satellite.

Last edited:
These are the steps to use the Accutrac III+ connected to a 1000.2
-Power on
-Push the "Menu" button once
-Push the "Down" button 4 times to get to "Multi Mode"
-Press the "OK" button 3 times to display 3 Satellite signal bars
-Press the "Satellite Select" button to change the voltage from 13v to 18v
-Tune the dish maximizing each bar simultaneously
-Push the "Up" button once to zoom in for fine tuning.

I've had my Acutrac for a few years now and this method has worked well for me. Do you have the owners manual? I still do if you need a copy.

Great. Thanks for the instructions. I purchased a 4' tripod and I was wondering to what would be the best height for the dish to be off the ground, I have a mast that I need to cut to the correct lenght.

I apologize for having to post the same question again. I called Dish today to activate my box and it was a nightmare, it was one thing after another because I had my own new box so I decided to scrap that idea and go with DTV, called them and the service is much better and got a killer deal.

Is it possible to get step DTV dish alignment using acutrac III plus? It would be greatly appreciated.

I purchased the meters in a package deal on Ebay, I bought an Accutrac III and acutrac III plus, I know the plus is used on dish can the acutrac III show all 3 lnb's as the plus? tryng to decide which one to sell and I know one thing for sure I will never go to Dish for theire service so I will only need for DTV.

Thanks for all your help.

These are the steps to use the Accutrac III+ connected to a 1000.2
-Power on
-Push the "Menu" button once
-Push the "Down" button 4 times to get to "Multi Mode"
-Press the "OK" button 3 times to display 3 Satellite signal bars
-Press the "Satellite Select" button to change the voltage from 13v to 18v
-Tune the dish maximizing each bar simultaneously
-Push the "Up" button once to zoom in for fine tuning.

I've had my Acutrac for a few years now and this method has worked well for me. Do you have the owners manual? I still do if you need a copy.

I have an Acutrac III+. When I follow your directions, it doesn't give me an option of displaying 3 satellite signal bars. Pressing the okay button after reaching "Multi Mode" doesn't do anything. One question, does this procedure work whether you're connected to an lnb or not? In other words, do you get the same options when just playing with the meter in the house? I can't get it to work right even when connected but I'm wondering if I can do some troubleshooting inside just on battery power.

Another question, do you change to 18v or 18v, 22khz?

Thanks.

Sorry, but I
I have an Acutrac III+. When I follow your directions, it doesn't give me an option of displaying 3 satellite signal bars. Pressing the okay button after reaching "Multi Mode" doesn't do anything. One question, does this procedure work whether you're connected to an lnb or not? In other words, do you get the same options when just playing with the meter in the house? I can't get it to work right even when connected but I'm wondering if I can do some troubleshooting inside just on battery power.

Another question, do you change to 18v or 18v, 22khz?

Thanks.

My Acutrac meter was stolen a few years ago. I replaced it with an AI Turbo S2. If I remember correctly, your meter has to be connected to an LNB for all 3 bars to display simultaneously. Check the owners manual for your voltage question. Available online if you don't have one.

Sorry, but I

My Acutrac meter was stolen a few years ago. I replaced it with an AI Turbo S2. If I remember correctly, your meter has to be connected to an LNB for all 3 bars to display simultaneously. Check the owners manual for your voltage question. Available online if you don't have one.

Thanks for the response. I do have the manual, but it doesn't specify which of the four settings to put it on. The choices are 13.0v, 18.0v, 13.0v 22kHz, and 18.0v 22 kHz. I don't know the difference.

I do have the meter reading all three bars now. I just left it on 13.0v, hopefully the readings are accurate.

Reactions: Ziptied

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)