ACUTRAC III & DISH 500

jerliz

Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Florida
I have been a full timer in a fifth wheel for over 40 years in connection with my work. For the past 15 years I have used the small hand-held Winegard Satellite finder to hone in on 119 with my Sat Dish 500 here in Florida. My Brother recently sold his motor home and gave me his Acutrac III Plus Satellite Signal Meter. I am not totally challenged when it comes to electronics, but need to first find out if I am wasting my time trying to get the meter to work with my system. If the two are somewhat compatible I will probably be back for more assistance. Any help here would be deeply appreciated
Jerry

it will work fine for the the 500 dish, although it does not i.d. the sats it receives, with a good compass and the proper elevation,azimuth and skew set you will be up and running in no time.
you can watch both lnbs with it and it makes peaking pretty easy with a 500 dish.

Acutrac III works pretty well. No ID, as the other poster said, but it's decent to get the initial lineup for a multi-focal dish. I've had one for a while.

I use the accutrac 2 for 500's and it works great as you can see both lnb's at the same time. as long as you know where to poit it you will have no prob's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)