Ad issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIPERS-PIT

Pub Member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2006
Scott- I was surprised and dismayed to see "western union" advertising on the site. They are big sponsors on AL Jazeera sites and ad to funnel money into lebanon and the palestine state. I am totally boycotting them for this reason. I will look to see if I still have a copy of the ad on my PC. It was on my site for awhile.

Thats cool Iceberg- but I still was disapointed to see that ad since I pay to support the site.

I don't know if they are conciously advertising on those sites or not, chances are probably not, just as they don't know they are advertising here on SatelliteGuys.

The way it works is we apply to an ad agency (Burst Media) who in turn puts ads on the site.

I don't even think the advertiser can control what site the ads are going on.

Just for laughs I typed in a few aribic names in google and went to a few of those sites and was suprised to find the New York Times, Monster.COM and even Dish Network advertising on them.

Thats the way syndicated ads work.

I'm afraid you'd be boycotting LOTS of companies if you "investigate" all of their dealings enough..... and you're worried about banner ads ??

talking about was designed for the site. It flashed between moving money from say Saudi Arabia into beirut, or from kuatti to Palestine territory, or France to Syria.

I just find it wrong that they are advertising for questionable at best causes overseas yet truing to come off as apple pie here.

Western Union is Western Union. It's merely a money transfer service that advertises on many international media outlets because its main business is money transfers, common among foriegners living in the US.

There's nothing wrong with advertising on Al Jezera, which is no more a terrorist organization than Fox News is. (Although, neither can be considered much of a news organization.)

Gary you are right on one point Al Jazeera is more trustworthy than the Communist News Network.

Pravda? Tass-Itar? I don't understand. You aren't really that nutty to call CNN communist, right? (Of course, the world's largest communist nation is our biggest trading partner. So, maybe you meant it as a compliment.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)