Add a 4th rcvr 2 weeks after install?

scottabs

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 19, 2004
I was installed 2 weeks ago for a 3 room system and would like to add a 4th receiver. Can I still add one at this point for free, or am I now a "existing customer"?

Since I just need a basic receiver, I wonder if I should just buy one off of eBay to save the $5 month lease charge.

They may be able to add that third rec but there are alot of variables. If you got a 322/311 combo the lnb configuration may not be able to handle the third rec. Also there is still a 4.99 monthy addl receiver fee wether or not its leased or not and that rec would not be covered under the lease warranty.

onsiteSat said:
They may be able to add that third rec but there are alot of variables. If you got a 322/311 combo the lnb configuration may not be able to handle the third rec. Also there is still a 4.99 monthy addl receiver fee wether or not its leased or not and that rec would not be covered under the lease warranty.

There is no advantage to owning as opposed to leasing for this very reason. The $5 fee is still charged...just under a different name. :)

Right now I have 2 811's and a 510. The switch is a DP34. So, for the 4th I was probably going to get a 301.

your retailer can try to get an exception to your existing agreement if u went DHA that way it wouldn't cost u anything. otherwise u will have to buy one.

jasie5555 said:
your retailer can try to get an exception to your existing agreement if u went DHA that way it wouldn't cost u anything. otherwise u will have to buy one.

What is DHA? I ordered the system directly through Dish as opposed to going through a local retailer.

scottabs said:
What is DHA? I ordered the system directly through Dish as opposed to going through a local retailer.

Digital Home Advantage. It's the lease program.

I just called, and got the basic receiver for $49. Tried to get it for free as I told them I would install it myself, but they wouldn't do it. So, they are sending installer out this weekend.

I sent two 301 back, they were not good, always loosing signal. I went to sears and got a couple $99 311's, they have been a flawless receiver and been running for a year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)