add a 622?

slabo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
central illinois
sorry i know this is talked about on here but i couldn't find a simple answer. i have a 722 that was feeding hd in the living room and sd to the bedroom. well that sd tv crapped out and im getting a new hd lcd. so what would it cost to add a second hd dvr for the bedroom? or can i have 2 dual tuner hd dvrs? i have the 1000 dish. ive only been a customer for a few months, and i signed a 18 month contract. thanks a ton for any help.

I'm pretty sure you'll have to purchase the 622/722. Then pay whatever fee ($5,$10...i'm not sure) for the DVR fee each month. Check out dishstore.net and ebay for good prices on a 622/722.

Call Dish Network and see what they can do for you. Some of us are leasing two or more HD DVRs so it's possible. You will pay $6.00 for the receiver plus the $5.98 DVR fee if you're not on AEP.

I just got my 722 last Friday by emailing executivecustomerservice@echostar.com and asking for the added receiver. I had just gotten my 622 in February and CSR could not help me.

Had to pay the $199 upfront and will get $100 back in a rebate. I have read that others pressed the rebate issue and were given a instant rebate.

Good luck.

thanks for the quick responses so far guys. one more thing, i have my current 722 on my network, will the additional receiver need to be hooked up to the internet too to avoid a charge? thanks again

sorry im new to this stuff, how exactly does the dishcomm work? and i have yet one more question, can you move the external hard drive back and forth between 2 receivers? thanks again, much appreciated

sorry im new to this stuff, how exactly does the dishcomm work? and i have yet one more question, can you move the external hard drive back and forth between 2 receivers? thanks again, much appreciated

Not sure about DishComm, so someone else will need to answer that one.

As for the External Hard Drive, at this point in time there is a 3 move limit on Hard Drive (you can only move stuff 3 times) before it locks the data. There was information (a long time ago) that this would eventually be lifted so recordings could be swapped between receivers on the same account as much as desired, but it has not happened yet.

Geoff

Take a look at this posting http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne.../103982-homeplug-built-into-622-how-cool.html by Cyclone.

It talks about Homeplug and this is how two receivers can communicate via your existing home electrical wiring. You would need at least one power-line adapter.

This would give both of your receivers connectivity to the internet. Also if one on the receivers is still plugged to the phone line you will get caller id on both systems. Have it this way now on my 622 and 722.

Last edited:
ok great, thanks for all the input, this site is wonderful. i'll probably call or email dish this weekend or early next week and see what i can do. thanks again.

I went through the Dish N Up program and ordered my 2nd 622 for $149 witha rebate on my bill of $100. Even at 149 without the rebate I think this is cheap. The only problem is a Tech has to come out and hook it up. I have done all self installs and couldn't figure this one out. No problem.