Add another dish or not

bobrap

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2006
Estill Springs, TN
I have a dish 1000 and just wanted to know if adding a seperate dish for 129 was worth the effort. Just looking to get the most reliable signal. The highest signal strength I've seen on 129 is about 83. Just seems to me that I suffer from a lot of rain fade. Any help or recommendations for the noob is appreciated.:confused:

Are you getting HD LiLs from 129? If not why not try a separate dish for 61.5? That would most likely solve your problem completely. If you need to stay with 129, a separate dish will allow you to fine tune it for 129, and you would also have the option to go to a larger dish, which others have recommended...

Yea, my locals are on 129. Any ideas/recommendations for hardware? With everyone saying that 129 is "about to fall out of the sky", I'm curious as to what kind of improvement a single dish might provide. Sorry if the questions are rather vague, just don't know of another way to ask.

Get a D500 dish and an I adapter. Use the DP Dual LNB from the D1000 and aim it at 129. Just run the cable from the DP Dual to the DPP Twin in the D1000. You will get better results with a single dish pointed at 129.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)