Add receiver, H25 to HR24, fees, contract

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CashGap

Original poster
Folks, I appreciate your help in advance.

Eleven months into a two year contract, called the "move" line and had a new dish installed in our new home. Question one, did this extend my commitment?

Setup is:

Two HR24's
One input/four output splitter with:
- Input to dish
- One output to each HR24
- One output capped with an "F" terminator, tested and works with an HR24
- One output has SWM power module and DECA, wired in series. DECA to home network.
DVR service, HD service, and Whole-Home DVR service.

Everything works.

Question two, if I buy an H25 from Sguys for $99 and activate it, will my commitment be extended?

Question three, can that H25 watch shows recorded on one of the HR24's? Can it pause those shows? Can it pause live TV? (cheating, three questions in one).

Question four, when I receive the H25 will I then call to activate it and see an additional $6/mo charge or what?

THANKS for helping me figure this out. I'm strong on the wiring and weak on the services.

Sam

Folks, I appreciate your help in advance.

Eleven months into a two year contract, called the "move" line and had a new dish installed in our new home. Question one, did this extend my commitment?

Setup is:

Two HR24's
One input/four output splitter with:
- Input to dish
- One output to each HR24
- One output capped with an "F" terminator, tested and works with an HR24
- One output has SWM power module and DECA, wired in series. DECA to home network.
DVR service, HD service, and Whole-Home DVR service.

Everything works.

Question two, if I buy an H25 from Sguys for $99 and activate it, will my commitment be extended?

Question three, can that H25 watch shows recorded on one of the HR24's? Can it pause those shows? Can it pause live TV? (cheating, three questions in one).

Question four, when I receive the H25 will I then call to activate it and see an additional $6/mo charge or what?

THANKS for helping me figure this out. I'm strong on the wiring and weak on the services.

Sam

The mover likely was a 2 yr contract & if it wasn't buying an H25 will. As odd as this sounds purchasing a receiver will be leased equipment that will start a new 2 yr contract & incur the $6 monthly fee. You will be able to make it part of the whole home service, just remember to name the receiver or location & if you have HD, hide the sd duplicates from menu options. If the mover got you with the contract, now would be the best time to add a receiver.

The mover likely was a 2 yr contract & if it wasn't buying an H25 will. As odd as this sounds purchasing a receiver will be leased equipment that will start a new 2 yr contract & incur the $6 monthly fee. You will be able to make it part of the whole home service, just remember to name the receiver or location & if you have HD, hide the sd duplicates from menu options. If the mover got you with the contract, now would be the best time to add a receiver.

The mover's connection doesn't extend a contract, but you are right on the other points.

Question three, can that H25 watch shows recorded on one of the HR24's?
IFF you subscribe to Whole Home DVR service ($3/month).
Can it pause those shows?
Yes
Can it pause live TV? (cheating, three questions in one).
It can pause recorded (or recording) content from one of the DVRs. It cannot pause content being delivered by its internal tuner.
The second and successive receivers will incur a $6 lease fee.

Understand that for $99, you are entering into a lease as opposed to an outright purchase. You will be required to surrender and return all receivers in the event that you cancel qualifying DIRECTV service.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)