H25- Trick to prevent screensaver mode?

cpalmer2k

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 18, 2013
United States
Does anyone know of a reliable trick to prevent an H25 from constantly going into Screensaver for no reason? I have an H25 connected to a Channel Master ATSC Modulator that feeds into our over the air antenna system. That part works fine, with the exception of the fact that it constantly goes into screen saver mode for no reason. I've disabled power save, etc. but it still does it randomly. Any one have any ideas for preventing this? I know H25's are often used in head ends, so I wondered if there was some "secret code" or menu you could access to prevent it from happening? Our Genie's and mini clients don't have this problem unless it is raining or something like that and the signal drops off, only the H25. It won't go more than a few hours without going into screensaver even when there are no dropouts.

The ones in headends are on commercial accounts, and screensaver is permanently disabled when a receiver is running on a commercial account (the option doesn't even exist in the UI)

If disabling it when on a residential account doesn't fully disable it, you might need to figure out a way to have an IR signal sent to it every so often - a remote code that won't affect the picture like the code for "exit" or one of the unused color buttons. Maybe a Raspberry Pi connected to an IR blaster could run a simple script to send once an hour or something?