Adding 211K Temporarily For Activation Only

69sixpackbee

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 13, 2010
So. Cal.
Hi, guys,
I just received my vip211K and I want to get it activated. Currently, I have a 1000.2 dish and 722K & 222K receivers. I am pretty sure that I don't have a DP44 (did'nt look) but from what i gather I dont need it for just 2 dual receivers, correct? To my question, I want to add this 211K to my acct. so I need to temporarily hook it up so I can get it done and then take it out and stuff it in my camper for the upcoming vacation season. The 222 has two inputs run through a splitter(?) from the line in and this 211K has only one input. Do I just take off the cable coming into the splitter for the 222 and hook it directly to the 211 for setup or is there a way to run another RG6 to the 211 for this purpose?

Thanx for the help!,
Bud

That's right. That is not a splitter, but a frequency-dependent diplexer which Dish calls a "separator". Plug the 211k in ahead of that separator and do a Check Switch and it should be good to go. ;) Also, if you actually want to use it at home along with your 222k and 722k, you will need to run a 3rd coax to it from your 1000.2.

I would install it in a room in your house so it will keep up with updates. If it misses too many updates, it may fail to work when you go camping. You'll get "you are not authorized to view this channel" problems. The 1000.2 dish has 3 outputs, so run a cable from the dish to the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)