Adding 3rd Receiver - Contract Question

destilo

Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
Sawmills, NC
I would like to add a 3rd receiver to my account yet don't plan to use it more than 6 months. I checked with a local retailer and they said that they could provide me with a 3rd receiver 722 for free with a 2yr contract and when I was ready to cancel I could actually cancel one of my original receivers (622 - which is not under contract) and use the 722 in its place.

Does this sound correct? I was under the impression that the entire account is one contract. What they are telling me is like cellphones, where each receiver has its own contract tied to it.

Any insight into this matter is appreciated.

Contracts are based on keeping a minimum programming package to keep the account active, regardless of what recs you have, use or swap out

You might look at the 211k it is HD and around $120. When you are done with it you can sell it if you want. You can also opt to make it a DVR with an external USB hard drive.

Also what the dealer is probably doing is activating the Dishin it up program for you. You can get a new box each year if you commit to service extention. You can return any box on your account any time you want, but you are locked in to paying for programming for the commitment period regardless of which boxes you end up keeping.

Contracts are based on keeping a minimum programming package to keep the account active, regardless of what recs you have, use or swap out

Just to clarify this, what timeberwolf said is correct. You're not going to be required to keep the 722 for the 2 years, just the minimum programming during the agreement. So after the 6 months if you want, you can deactivate and send back the 622 and keep the 722. If you purchase the receiver, there is no commitment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts