Adding a 5th Joey?

Leardch

Original poster
May 14, 2012
Texas
I just moved in to a house with an existing 2 Hopper/ 4 Joey setup. All is working great right now. I want to add a 5th Joey and am looking for the best way to do this.

There is an unused "to client" connection on the Duo Node. Could I safely run RG6 directly from the "to client" to the 5th hopper without affecting the operation of the existing system?

I consulted the wiring diagrams in this forum and can confirm that this house isn't wired like the 2 hopper/4 Joey examples (I wouldn't have an open client line. Just wanting to make sure my plan will work before I run all the RG6.

Thanks

Yes, you can just use the existing client connection on the node itself. 2 or 3 way splitter would also work on any existing client line connections. The client ports are intended for the joeys as indicated in the wiring diagrams.

If you wanted, you can actually add another two more joeys. 2H/6J is the max for a duo node.

More specifically is a 3 way splitter hooked to the client side of a tap ok? Currently there is a 2-way splitter hooked to the client side of the tap. Hooking a 3-way splitter would be the easiest for me to do.

I'm just going to buy it. Can't complain since Dish screwed up and allowed me to upgrade to 2 hopper/4 Joey for free.

More specifically is a 3 way splitter hooked to the client side of a tap ok? Currently there is a 2-way splitter hooked to the client side of the tap. Hooking a 3-way splitter would be the easiest for me to do.
i think someone asked previously and it appeared it would be ok to do it that way. Not sure how many people have it set up that way though.

Leardch said:

Yes it will work.

I can confirm that a 3-way splitter off the client port will work for 3 Joeys. I have 2 Hoppers and 6 Joeys running off of one Duo Node - all six Joeys coming off 3-way splitters attached to the 2 client ports. Works fine. All devices see each other on the MOCA network. Just make sure you use real good 3-way splitters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)