Adding a 6th Room?

chays99

Original poster
Jan 4, 2009
Texas
I tried searching for the answer to my question, but couldn't find anything relative to my situation.

I currently have service to five rooms based on the following set up:
- VIP 722 serves the main living room and kid room #1
- VIP 222 serves the small living room and kid room #2
- VIP 622 serves the master bedroom only (If it matters, I own this box)
- The dish is 1000.2

I need to add service to kid room #3. I would like to serve kid room #3 from the 622 in the master bedroom if possible to keep from having to buy another box.

Any ideas?

Now, the curve ball is that my service address is not where I actually live so I don't think I can simply call Dish and have them come out. Will the local installer that set the system up do whatever is needed without going through Dish if I call him?

I'm not sure what the solution is here, so I'm not sure if it's something I can handle myself.

Thanks for the help!

just poke a hole or two in the walls as needed and run a cable from the 622 to kid room #3. Switch recevier into dual mode. Present resident in kid room #3 with uhf remote. Enjoy.

If there are multiple walls between source and destination and you are single level and above a crawl space or basement, then you might find it easier to drill a hole in the floor just big enough for the connector or just the cable at each and wire it that way--a lot easier than going through an outside wall or running a lot of baseboards.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)