Adding a C band dish to my FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lakegazers

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2007
California
I have a Fortec Mercury II receiver and a DSR 905 sidecar. I presently have only a KU dish. I have a C band Sami 7.5 dish and feed horn with a polar roter , just installed on a new post. I assume with the Mercury II receiver I need to run the Cband on Desiq and loop to a VBOX-II Moteck, in order to move the Cband dish. I am not sure how to program the positions on the steerable for each bird for the C band dish. I use usal for the K/U band dish. I am assuming I need to steer each bird in with the Motek VBox II and then store them with the Fortec Mercury II receiver?

V-box III's move the actuator using the DiSEqC 1.2 commands in the satellite box's menu usually under motor control , I don't think any of the v-boxes use the USALS commands to move the BUD actuator however there are small BUD type actuators that use the usals commands to move a smaller dish. For practice I used an old Von-Weise actuator and an old Fortec Ultra and played in the comfort of the house till I figured out how it worked then put the V-BOX III into the system, actually finds sats after it's setup without failure or adjustment.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)