Adding a C61K not purchased from Direct.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wolfievtec

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 27, 2011
I currently have 4K service with (2) C61K clients. I'd like to add one more C61K. Directv wants $99. Has anyone purchased a "new" one from eBay or another place and had issues activating it? I know I'll have to pay the extra 7.00 a month for it but would like to save on the box if possible...

Activating it shouldn't be an issue, but do you know that, assuming you have an HS17, at most 2 clients can be used for 4k at the same time, yes?

be sure it actually is new
and can be activated

$99 is not bad, i imagine that would include install
is it worth it to save a few pennies and do a self install?

Yeah I think my HR54 only allows (1) 4k program at a time. Not happy about it but I’ll deal with it for now. I do agree $99 isn’t bad, they also wanted another $50 for install but I already have 4k so maybe I can talk them out of coming to install.

I currently have 4K service with (2) C61K clients. I'd like to add one more C61K. Directv wants $99. Has anyone purchased a "new" one from eBay or another place and had issues activating it? I know I'll have to pay the extra 7.00 a month for it but would like to save on the box if possible...

Buy one from Solid signal - and they will activate (just call them) when you get it - ! That's how I ordered mine - Buying anything from EBAY (is always Buyer beware)

Reactions: Jimbo
Buy one from Solid signal - and they will activate (just call them) when you get it - ! That's how I ordered mine - Buying anything from EBAY (is always Buyer beware)
Solid Signal is also $99 ... so which ever is better for him ...
I personally would avoid ebay as you never know (without getting numbers) if they are allowed to activate it .... it looks new ... is it ?

Solid Signal is also $99 ... so which ever is better for him ...
I personally would avoid ebay as you never know (without getting numbers) if they are allowed to activate it .... it looks new ... is it ?
I have purchased 6 minis from eBay averaging a cost of 40 bucks and never had an issue with activation. Unless you have a HS17. Minis are not tracked like regular boxes

I have purchased 6 minis from eBay averaging a cost of 40 bucks and never had an issue with activation. Unless you have a HS17. Minis are not tracked like regular boxes
Are you saying you can activate a mini that has been leased by someone else?

If I purchase a C61K from Solid Signal to replace one standard mini, and they activate it for me... will Directv lock me into a new contract because of the equipment change?

I currently have a HR54, one C61K, and one standard mini.

Edit: This FAQ from Solid Signal seems to answer my question.

• For easy activation; please call our activation hotline at 1-866-726-4183

• DIRECTV requires a 24 month (lease) commitment on all activated receivers Click Here for details regarding the DIRECTV EQUIPMENT LEASE AGREEMENT.

Last edited:
If I purchase a C61K from Solid Signal to replace one standard mini, and they activate it for me... will Directv lock me into a new contract because of the equipment change?

I currently have a HR54, one C61K, and one standard mini.

Edit: This FAQ from Solid Signal seems to answer my question.

• For easy activation; please call our activation hotline at 1-866-726-4183

• DIRECTV requires a 24 month (lease) commitment on all activated receivers Click Here for details regarding the DIRECTV EQUIPMENT LEASE AGREEMENT.

Yep, new commitment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)