Adding a Dish 500?

obermi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 29, 2005
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I'm adding a Dish 500 with my Dish 1000 this week. I'm wanting to get some channels like the Classic Arts, Good Samaritan, Panhandle Area Educational, a new Health channel and the Pentagon channel. I was told that I needed this Dish 500 to receive those channels.

My question is should I have the installers do anything with the Dish 500 to help the Dish 1000 with some of the overloads that the other 129 satellites have with the Dish 1000? And does anyone else know what other channels beside the "Sky Angel" channels will be on that Dish 500?

If you point it at 61.5, all you will be able to get from it that you can view on your Dishnet receiver is HD, SkyAngel and the other channels you mentioned. So if you can get a good shot at 61.5 from where you live you will probaly get a better signal on the HD channels, then 129.

A good seasoned installer will know, however I would mention it too them.

Just be aware that if you still have signal from 129, it will take precidence over 61.5 for channels that are on both satellites.

The order is in the software depending on what Dish assumes should be your preferred satellite.

You might try the 500 at 129, one dish off 129 seems to get better signal then the compromise that is the dish 1000.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts