adding a GEOSATpro 90cm 36in dish for 129? possible

lovemymac

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 17, 2007
I have had nothing but issues with 129 since i got it. first with my dish 1000 now with my 1000+. I had an installer come out to put up a dish for 129 but he said a dish 500 wont be any better. I tend to think it will because i am dedicating one dish to that satellite rather then 1 bigger dish to 4 sats.

Anyway i just told him dont worry about it i will go buy a bigger dish and have someone come put it up for me. He said a 30 or 36in dish would work very nice and would virtually eliminate rain fade. Which I knew that.

The thing i dont know is this. He said not just any 30 or 36in dish will work. It has to be a certin brand or the i adapter to make the D shape so the DP lnb will fit wont work.

Any ideas on this?
i found this dish GEOSATpro 90cm (36 inch) That i thought might work well. reviews say its the ebst dish of its size out there.
How would i put a DPP lnb on this? or any 36in dish for that matter.

Thanks

Last edited:
What all do you have in your system? What programming are you getting? I can mod a superdish to aim at just the 129.

If you only have two receivers in your system and don't have international channels, you could use a dish500 for 110&119. Then you could use the superdish for 129. Use a DPP in the Dish500 and send the feed from the 129 into the DPP on the 500 and you are set.

Although it looks a bit funky, as I have to cut in a piece of an old dish300. It really works for the 129.

Attachments

• Super129 reduced.jpg
    Super129 reduced.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 213
If you are going to use a DishPro LNB, just gut the casing off. It comes off rather easily with a screwdriver.

The Geosat dish has a spacer in the LNB holder to hold the 20mm LNB which the DP dual will be after gutting the case off :)
see this post http://www.satelliteguys.us/980497-post21.html to understand the concept. DJ ROb did that for a Bell ExpressVu setup

I use a dish 500 with a DPP twin and a 24" comercial dish for my 129. On the 129 I use a DP Dual. I have a cable from the dual to the DPP Twin. Virtually problem free with this set up to a 622.

i never thought of using a superdish. I heard somewhere that was not a good idea to use a superdish for 129 though.

I think i will purchase this 36In dish from 3ABN and use that for 129. Then maybe i could get good signal

i never thought of using a superdish. I heard somewhere that was not a good idea to use a superdish for 129 though.

I think i will purchase this 36In dish from 3ABN and use that for 129. Then maybe i could get good signal

Superdishs work... a dish is dish. The bigger the better.

What all do you have in your system? What programming are you getting? I can mod a superdish to aim at just the 129.

If you only have two receivers in your system and don't have international channels, you could use a dish500 for 110&119. Then you could use the superdish for 129. Use a DPP in the Dish500 and send the feed from the 129 into the DPP on the 500 and you are set.

Although it looks a bit funky, as I have to cut in a piece of an old dish300. It really works for the 129.

i have a 622 and 722 i get locals HD, top 250, sky angel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)