adding a GEOSATpro 90cm 36in dish for 129? possible

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lovemymac

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 17, 2007
I have had nothing but issues with 129 since i got it. first with my dish 1000 now with my 1000+. I had an installer come out to put up a dish for 129 but he said a dish 500 wont be any better. I tend to think it will because i am dedicating one dish to that satellite rather then 1 bigger dish to 4 sats.

Anyway i just told him dont worry about it i will go buy a bigger dish and have someone come put it up for me. He said a 30 or 36in dish would work very nice and would virtually eliminate rain fade. Which I knew that.

The thing i dont know is this. He said not just any 30 or 36in dish will work. It has to be a certin brand or the i adapter to make the D shape so the DP lnb will fit wont work.

Any ideas on this?
i found this dish GEOSATpro 90cm (36 inch) That i thought might work well. reviews say its the ebst dish of its size out there.
How would i put a DPP lnb on this? or any 36in dish for that matter.

Thanks

Last edited:
What all do you have in your system? What programming are you getting? I can mod a superdish to aim at just the 129.

If you only have two receivers in your system and don't have international channels, you could use a dish500 for 110&119. Then you could use the superdish for 129. Use a DPP in the Dish500 and send the feed from the 129 into the DPP on the 500 and you are set.

Although it looks a bit funky, as I have to cut in a piece of an old dish300. It really works for the 129.

Attachments

• Super129 reduced.jpg
    Super129 reduced.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 212
If you are going to use a DishPro LNB, just gut the casing off. It comes off rather easily with a screwdriver.

The Geosat dish has a spacer in the LNB holder to hold the 20mm LNB which the DP dual will be after gutting the case off :)
see this post http://www.satelliteguys.us/980497-post21.html to understand the concept. DJ ROb did that for a Bell ExpressVu setup

I use a dish 500 with a DPP twin and a 24" comercial dish for my 129. On the 129 I use a DP Dual. I have a cable from the dual to the DPP Twin. Virtually problem free with this set up to a 622.

i never thought of using a superdish. I heard somewhere that was not a good idea to use a superdish for 129 though.

I think i will purchase this 36In dish from 3ABN and use that for 129. Then maybe i could get good signal

i never thought of using a superdish. I heard somewhere that was not a good idea to use a superdish for 129 though.

I think i will purchase this 36In dish from 3ABN and use that for 129. Then maybe i could get good signal

Superdishs work... a dish is dish. The bigger the better.

What all do you have in your system? What programming are you getting? I can mod a superdish to aim at just the 129.

If you only have two receivers in your system and don't have international channels, you could use a dish500 for 110&119. Then you could use the superdish for 129. Use a DPP in the Dish500 and send the feed from the 129 into the DPP on the 500 and you are set.

Although it looks a bit funky, as I have to cut in a piece of an old dish300. It really works for the 129.

i have a 622 and 722 i get locals HD, top 250, sky angel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts