Adding a Joey

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

endswell

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 23, 2008
Hi - I'm guessing this info in somewhere within the topics on the site, but I did a search and couldn't find my specific questions. Sorry if this is a repeat...

I have a Hopper 3 and want to add a Joey to my son's bedroom.
Questions:
Which Joey should I get? It will be for a 4K TV
Costs: Is there an upfront cost for the Joey and what is the monthly fee?
Does getting the Joey extend my commitment beyond the 1 year I have left for the Hopper 3?

Any other thoughts from this experienced group are welcomed!

Thanks!

If you get a 4K Joey, be aware that the Netflix isn't working yet (chances are the 4K TV has a Netflix app already, but it's something to take into consideration).

Also, people's experience with playing back 4K DVR events was hit-ot-miss based on the 4K BBC Planet Earth II series from earlier this year. I think that issue is fixed as I am now able to watch these recordings.

No PiP yet.

The monthly price is the same as the other Joeys, but the purchase price is higher. There's not all that much 4K content (mostly PPV) at this time.

Not sure about extending your commitment. Your wisest move would be to contact a DIRT member. They will do their best for you.
Chris S is on duty now. Send him a PM (private mail) Click on his RED link in the Members on Duty Box.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts