Adding a new HD receiver

madison

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 17, 2006
Taking the advantage of new lower price of VIP211 from Dishstore.net,
I am thinking to add VIP211 to my 2nd HDTV, which is currently feeded by TV 2 output (SD) from VIP622 but have following questions:

1)For self-owned equipment, will Dishnetwork charge the additional receiver fee as $7 per month?

2)Whether it is possible to combine the signal of HD (from DP44 switch) and TV 2 output (SD) from VIP622 into one feeding cable to VIP211 to 2nd HDTV?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

1. Yes, your bill will go up $7 unless you don't subscribe to an HD package, you may be bill the HD enabling fee on both receivers.

2. Not sure what you are trying to accomplish here, you should be able to used diplexers to combine the signal, but they would have to be diplexed out before you add it to the 211 and feed the 622 rf out into the tv separately. If it is only to get the dvr'ed programs to the second tv, the external hard drive feature should be working with the 211 in the next couple of months.

I have a similar question. I already have a vip722 used in the single mode, and subscribe to HD essentials. I still have a 3800 as a 2nd receiver. If I buy a vip612 to replace my second receiver, are there additional fees for a 2nd hd receiver, a 2nd dvr fee, and what if there is no phone jack available for this 2nd receiver? The 722 is hooked up to a phone line.
Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts