Adding a new line for an extra receiver

Smustyle

Original poster
Apr 1, 2011
Texas
I'm trying to add a new line for an extra receiver that I already have.

It's an old dish 500 and 4 lines come out of the dish and 2 lines go into one multiswitch with one line coming out going to one receiver and the other 2 lines go into another multiswitch coming out one line feeding the other receiver. Right now I only have two receivers hooked up.

Is this as simple as getting a multiswitch that will feed more receivers? If so which one

Also if this is posssible will Dish Network know this and charge me for an extra receiver even though I got it myself?

Yes they say SW 21. Yes there is like a Y and it has one LNB on each side of the Y (I guess it's 2 LNBs since it has 2 numbers the same). Both say P/N 214 5100 402

I'm really unfamilar with this stuff just going by what I see. Thanks for your help and patience.

OK, assuming the SW-21's are working now, then you have two legacy dual LNBs and two legacy SW-21 switches. The most obvious change to plug in more than 2 receivers is to replace your SW21's with one SW44. Or throw the whole mess out and replace the duals with a legacy quad LNB which might be cheaper than an SW44.

What receivers do you have now, and what receiver do you propose to buy? Note that Dish receivers all require authorization on your account before they will work, and so Dish will find out what you have regardless. Owned or leased, the extra receiver fee is the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)