Lots of Software Release Notes (Courtesy DISHsupport.COM)

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Got a lot of software release notes today. :) Notes come to us courtesy of DISHsupport.COM.

ViP922 S112

[Initial Sling Extender support, Parental Control re-work, TV Ratings, All HD EPG selection, 061 pop-up update, Live Sports Theme, Browse Banner Messaging, screen adjustments, Sling connectivity UI updates, TV2 fixes, My Apps. Tile, Misc.]

*Will include new 922 browser apps.: MSNBC, NBC Sports, Access Hollywood, Astrology, Scrambler, Gomoku, Texas Hold’em , and Blackjack.

"LIVE" Sports Option in Search

On 3/1/2011, the 922 rolled out software S112.

Live Sports is a new option under ‘Schedule’ that is being added to the Themes and Search field on 922s.

If a customer modifies their search criteria using ‘Live Sports’ it will return only sporting events that are being broadcast live.
This will provide more precise search results for customers that are trying to find their game.

Other receivers tentatively scheduled to receive this feature:
722 – Late March
622 / 722k / 612 / 222k – April
222 / 211 /211k / 322 – May
512 / 522 / 625 - June

Interactive Apps on 922

On 3/1/2011, the 922 rolled out software S112. One of the new features is the Apps tile available through the 922 Menu. This new tile will include interactive programs, similar to DISH Home on other receivers that customers will find useful, specifically:

MSNBC
NBC Sports
Access Hollywood
Astrology
Scrambler
Gomoku
Texas Hold’em
Blackjack

Additionally, an option has been added to the Parental Controls to password protect the new Apps tile.

ViP211/DP411 L562

[Possible audio loss fix, Basic Remote Phase 2, commercial auto-tune timer fix, EHD USB fix for new drives]

ViP211k L493

[Basic Remote Phase 2, commercial auto-tune timer fix, EHD USB fix for new drives]

DP322 L486

[Fix for EPG not fetching in standby; 015 and/or 330 pop-ups from standby]

DP522/625/512

[Dynamic single tuner support for 512, favorites list color change, yellow standby text update, new recovery boot, extended boot recovery, Misc.]

Last edited:
scott do you expect anymore added in updates to the 922? like maybe you tube,netflix or other better apps other than MSNBC, NBC Sports, Access Hollywood, Astrology, Scrambler, Gomoku, Texas Hold’em , and Blackjack maybe in apps on the 922. what is this each thing mean? Initial Sling Extender support, All HD EPG selection, 061 pop-up update, Live Sports Theme, Browse Banner Messaging Sling connectivity UI updates, TV2 fixes, My Apps. Tile, Misc please explain more on each of these things ? ty for help and have a great day :)

Last edited:
ty scott guess we will see when we see it.was just curious what all those extras were i mentioned above.thats what i asked for what t was for the 922 this....what is this each thing mean? Initial Sling Extender support, All HD EPG selection, 061 pop-up update, Live Sports Theme, Browse Banner Messaging Sling connectivity UI updates, TV2 fixes, My Apps. Tile, Misc please explain more on each of these things ? do you see them adding apps like you tube and netflix for the 922? ty for help and have a great day
:)

Not sure if it was in S112 orS113 but in settings under screen adjustments you can now resize the guide so that the edges of aren't cut off. Plus the controls are different. Nice

The 922 got a new software this morning S113.

S113 contains all the fixes and improvements in S112 plus it also includes a fix for some DVR Timer / Recording issues that were found in S112. :)

Got a lot of software release notes today. :) Notes come to us courtesy of DISHsupport.COM.

ViP922 S112

[Initial Sling Extender support, Parental Control re-work, TV Ratings, All HD EPG selection, 061 pop-up update, Live Sports Theme, Browse Banner Messaging, screen adjustments, Sling connectivity UI updates, TV2 fixes, My Apps. Tile, Misc.]
[

So with the 922 now getting sling extender support, seems like DISH is finally going to release the sling extender anyday now.

Well, 113 has given me some strange percentages on my IHD.
I used to be at 83%full. Now with 113, I am apparently at 104%. So naturally, the unit automatically deleted several movies. Thanks for nothing Dish. Can you think of anything else to screw up?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)