Lots of Software Release Notes (Courtesy DISHsupport.COM)

i would get an external hard drive and free up some space on your unit. i archive all movies i record to my external drive and just keep series shows on the receiver.

Are there any updates on the software for the older 500 series, and 625 sd receivers, or are those of us still on older reciviers stuck until we upgrade to a HD receiver?

If a customer modifies their search criteria using ‘Live Sports’ it will return only sporting events that are being broadcast live.
This will provide more precise search results for customers that are trying to find their game.

Other receivers tentatively scheduled to receive this feature:
722 – Late March
622 / 722k / 612 / 222k – April
222 / 211 /211k / 322 – May
512 / 522 / 625 - June

Why even bother implementing this feature?? Since when does Dish care about sports??

Are there any updates on the software for the older 500 series, and 625 sd receivers, or are those of us still on older reciviers stuck until we upgrade to a HD receiver?

These receivers must be approaching EOL so it really wouldn't make much sense to spend money to try and upgrade features. Besides, those receivers are probably pretty close to being maxxed out in what they can do, due to memory and cpu limitations.