Adding a new receiver.

wicked

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 5, 2005
Okay I want to add a new receiver to my setup, but dont know what i need.

I have a Vip622 and a 322 hooked up with a Dish 1000. There is only one line of cable running in and out of the rooms with the receivers, so i imagine it has separators.

I want to add a 311 to this setup.

What switch do i need? or what setup would be the ideal?

Thanks!

The easiest and cheapest is to upgrade to a D1000.2, that is if you want to run single cables to the dual tuners. The 1000.2 has output for 3 receivers and it can feed dual tuners with a single cable if you use the DP separator. They run about $89.00.

The other option is to buy a DPP44 switch but they're more expensive. You could feed 4 dual tuners if needed with this switch but you'll need to run one cable for each satellite to the switch, in your case 3 cable runs from the dish to the switch and then to the receivers.

I agree. You need a DPP44 switch to add the 311 and keep the ability to use one line to your 622 and 322. If you used DP34s you would need 5 lines. The dish 1000.2 has a built in DPP switch that can run 6 tuners, 3 lines out. This would work or also a DPP44 switch but the 1000.2 is probually the cheaper route. Should get slightly better signal as well.

Don't know what your standing is with dish or how long you've been with them, but you may be able to get them to cover the cost of a 44 switch. I went on a job today coded as an existing customer install. The customer already had a 625 and a 322 working off a d500 with a dpptwin. They purchased a 311 from radioshack, the pawn shop, yard sale, or wherever and I was there to install it. I explained to dish that they would need either a new dish, a pair of dp34's, or preferrably a dpp44 and the csr said ok no problem and added a 44 switch to my work order. Worth a shot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts