Adding a receiver to my camper set up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jman1972

Original poster
Jul 2, 2009
Mattoon, Illinois
I just purchased a new camper and I have room for another TV in the front bedroom, I had Dish network set up in my last camper. It is a dish 500 with a dual receiver, when I hooked it up in the new camper I hooked the dish to the port on the outside of the camper that feeds a main plug in the camper living room, I separated the cables in that box one from outside and the other 2 were for the front bedroom and back bedroom. I connected the outside cable to the satellite in which is split at the boy box to the satellite in, then connected the out to the back bedroom and that receiver works fine it controls 2 TVs. I decided to add another receiver to the front bedroom. I split the cable coming from the outside one half to the dual receiver that is located right there and the other half to the cable in the box going to the front bedroom I then connected my receiver in the front bedroom to the wall and out to the TV, I called Dish and had everything activated when I turned on the TV it said there is a problem with my connections I hit cancel and the error 129 screen came up please activate I checked with dish and it is all ok, so where did I go wrong why does one receiver work and the other is it because I split the outside connection. When the dish was originally installed the installer used a orange cable that was a double meaning it has 2 cables built into one but when it is hooked up I am only using one of the connections that was the way it was with the other camper

Last edited:
With DPP lnb, you can only run one coax to one receiver, as bross stated, you need a second line run from the dish to the receiver. You cannot split the one existing line.
gary with dpp, you can run 2 lies 1 to tunner 1 ,2nd tunner 2, not nessary with sepertor but you can do it if nessarry , i cant read his proplem, the way he wrote it hurts eyes but you can run 2,

gary with dpp, you can run 2 lies 1 to tunner 1 ,2nd tunner 2, not nessary with sepertor but you can do it if nessarry , ... but you can run 2,
You can, but why would you? BTW, what's a tunner (rhymes with runner)?
i cant read his proplem, the way he wrote it hurts eyes ...
A few more periods and question marks would have done wonders, and may I also say, oh the irony.

You can, but why would you? BTW, what's a tunner (rhymes with runner)?
A few more periods and question marks would have done wonders, and may I also say, oh the irony.
its not that , its the way wighting is small, i would not put noone down for asking help or for not saying or spelling words right, i did not mean nothing except his typing was small , but now i can see your perfect.. IF U do not have seperators, you run 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)