Adding a referral for an upgrade

Any DIRT member, How can I get credit for a buddy that referred me for an upgrade to a HWS? Don't want to let him miss out on a new mini iPad.

The iPad promotion is only for new customers signing up for the Hopper. In order for a new customer to get the iPad they would have to decline the monthly discounted package price.

There is a new promo runs thru June sometime. If you get three people to upgrade to the Hopper you would get a Ipad mini. I checked with a CRS and it's on my account page. So just checked it again now it's gone. Wounder if it was a Ad screw up, or miss print.

There is a new promo runs thru June sometime. If you get three people to upgrade to the Hopper you would get a Ipad mini. I checked with a CRS and it's on my account page. So just checked it again now it's gone. Wounder if it was a Ad screw up, or miss print.

This is the promotion you are referring to. The three people you are referring need to be new customers, not existing customers upgrading to the Hopper.

http://www.mydish.com/redirects/promotion/hopper-rewards/

Dish marketing is not very bright when it comes to wording how a new customer gets a Hopper. Since it's the top of the line equipment they call it an upgrade. I've brought this up to Dish numerous times but they still do it. It's the most misleading thing ever because it makes existing customers think they can upgrade to the Hopper for free and take advantage of the promotional prices. Then they put the details that say it's for new customers only in fine print.

The promotion is for existing customers who refer 3 or more people to sign up as new customers and get the Hopper system.

How can Dish get away with saying "free ipad mini" when you sign up as a new customer? If I opt for the discounted prices, no ipad mini--seems fishy and illegal to me.

How can Dish get away with saying "free ipad mini" when you sign up as a new customer? If I opt for the discounted prices, no ipad mini--seems fishy and illegal to me.

It's just like some car loans I have seen. Customer can take a discounted interest rate, or take the regular interest rate and get $500 (or $1000, etc) cash back toward the purchase.

For new customers, It states right on the image "Not eligible for promotional pricing". Then when you click on it you are presented with two offers and select the one you want, Hopper & Savings Offer or Hopper & iPad2 Offer, I don't see anything fishy or illegal about it. In fact I don't even see where a new customer would get an iPad mini, just the iPad 2.

I don't see a problem with it at all. You either take the discounted pricing or take the iPad. The savings are similar and you pay nothing our of your pocket to get the iPad so they can consider it free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)