Dish Network reports 2013 results

nelson61

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
Where it's Warm
Dish Networks Programming Slate from 10K

Programming. We provide programming that includes more than: (i) 280 basic video channels, including, but not limited to, 25 regional sports channels and 70 channels of pay-per-view content, (ii) 70 Sirius Satellite Radio music channels, (iii) 30 premium movie channels, (iv) 10 specialty sports channels, (v) 3,100 standard definition and HD local channels, and (vi) 300 Latino and international channels. Although we distribute over 3,100 local channels, a subscriber typically may only receive the local channels available in the subscriber’s home market. As of December 31, 2013, we provided local channels in standard definition in all 210 TV markets in the U.S. and local channels in HD in more than 190 markets in the U.S.

Will be interesting if any discussion on Disney happens, though if it's going through legal channels, realistically really can't say a whole lot.

I think H-Block will be center stage and what is dish going to do.

I enjoy the calls when Charlie is on.

Set Top Manufacturers (from EchoStar 10K)

Sanmina-SCI Corporation, Shanghai DD&TT Electronic Enterprise Co., LTD and Jabil Circuit, Inc. currently manufacture the majority of our digital set-top boxes and accessories

Dish Network Adds 8,000 Subs In Q4 As Revenues Fall Short Of Analyst Estimates

The subscriber numbers appear to be a miss, though: Dish added 8,000 subscribers to end the year with 14.057M. Brean Capital’s Todd Mitchell, for one, expected to see 25,000 additions. The average monthly revenue per subscriber, at $81.24, was up 26 cents from the previous quarter, but average subscriber acquisition costs rose 2.5% over the three month period to $863.

deadline.com

I'm not sure how to take the number of subs reported. Cable is bleeding subs as a comparison. Direct TV is not adding content blindly anymore to try and keep and get subs by keeping costs down. My point being maybe given the economic climate the results are not as bad as they could be.

DISH Network will host its fourth quarter and full-year 2013 financial results conference call today at noon Eastern time. Can't wait to see what they say about a lot of different things!! :)

They just said they will have Disney news before next conf call.

Apparently, their search for a Brazilian partner is not going well.

In 2012, we acquired the right to use various frequencies at the 45 degree west longitude orbital location ("Brazilian Authorization") from ANATEL, the Brazilian communications regulatory agency. The Brazilian Authorization is intended for use in providing pay-TV services in Brazil. In September 2013, we announced that we were in discussions with GVT, a subsidiary of Vivendi S.A., to form a joint venture to provide pay-TV services in Brazil with the objective to offer a national service using IPTV and satellite distribution. In December 2013, we ceased our discussions with GVT, but we remain committed to delivering a unique pay-TV service to Brazil via a high-powered Broadcast Satellite Service ("BSS") satellite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)