Status
Please reply by conversation.

shanklej

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2013
Ocala fl
Linkbox 9000i

How do I add a satellite to the sat list on this receiver?
It asks for the longitude and latitude. I know how to add
it but can't find the data to add. I looked on Lyngsat
and Sathint and could not find it.

Are you using Usals or DiSEqC1.2?

Adding a Sat on the Satellite List only asks for Longitude, not Latitude. (And a DiSEqC1.2 setup doesn't care what longitude or Satellite name you enter.)

Once you go to 'Antenna Setup', if using Usals...then it asks for Lat and Long. I have never used Usals so I can't answer any further on that.

*** First! Menu > Installation > Antenna Setup and write down how your WORKING Satellites are already configured and do the new Satellite the same. Write down for both KU and C band Sats since there will be a slight difference between the two.

Exit back to Installation screen > Satellite List> The Sats you are wanting to add may already be on the list, just enter a check mark beside them.

If the Sat is NOT listed:
Hit the green button on the REMOTE > Name the new Sat what ever you like. (The Name and Longitude really does NOT matter for Diseqc setup) Hit OK > Put a check mark in the block so that the Satellite will be used. Hit exit until back to the installation screen.If it asks 'Do you want to save' hit YES. (On a LB 9000i... Added Satellites will be listed on the very BOTTOM of the Satellite List regardless of the Name or Longitude used)

* At this point I go to TP List and Search and add at least one known good transponder to the new Sat. Personally, I prefer Sathint for that info.*

Hit exit until back to the Installation screen. Select Antenna Setup > Scroll left or right to the correct Satellite. Choose the new Sat you want to config. > Config all settings correctly according to the notes you made from the first step above.

Select DiSeqc 1.2 at the BOTTOM of the screen. > Hit OK. It will not ask for Latitude or Longitude. > Go to Motor Setting> Hit OK > Enter the Position number you want to use for that new Sat.

Where it says ' Go to X' enter the nearest Satellite position that is already configured.(That way you know which direction to motor to find the new Sat) The dish will move...unless it happens to already be on that Sat

Then go thru the process of motoring the dish east or West until you find Signal strength on that transponder. If you can't find a signal on that transponder,then select a different transponder at the top..and start motoring to find that one. Once you have the signal at maximum, Scroll to Save and hit OK .Hit Yes.

Exit out. Now you can do a blind scan of that Satellite. :)

Repeat the procedure for every additional Satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)